Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 26 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavon_andy View Post
Y'all heard about this new disc called the "Teebird"?
Yes Sir! and I can throw it further than any MVP mold!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Was hoping to get some useful info here. Alas, this is DGCR, where men partake in pissing contests on the reg. On to the next fruitless thread I go.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Niced 35 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Was hoping to get some useful info here. Alas, this is DGCR, where men partake in pissing contests on the reg. On to the next fruitless thread I go.
You should wait here and see if Aim posts again. Much more entertaining than whats on the TV right now.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I feel like MVP just went to the dark side.

I liked them as a company making a solid product that I can throw well and enhance my enjoyment of disc golf.

Making basically the same discs with all different color combos feels just as cheap and gimmick like as when Innova brought out the Atlas. I understand it as a business decision though. They can almost double their product line with little additional cost. New stamp. Change colors up. Wham.

Much earlier in this thread I mentioned how the companies just have to rehash and redress their product as "new" to keep people buying the same thing but with a new look.

I used to be a huge comic book collector. This reminds me of the early 90's when every company was going crazy with multiple covers with special chrome, foil stamped...blah, blah, blah. Just give me a well designed product with a well designed look.

This is my knee jerk reaction. Who knows. Maybe these are totally new discs and will be the be all end all but honestly I feel like I just got a whole lot of sizzle and no steak.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A lot of bizarre MVP hate by Innova fan boys in here, that's kind of weird.

I like MVP a lot, but I'm not sure how these new discs will fit in the bag, I guess I'll wait for Mike C to review them. I already feel like I don't even have room for the Resistor or Servo, owning every other disc MVP has made.

I probably would have bought a distance driver from them, just to compare, but honestly I can't even properly throw my current distance drivers, anyhow.

I mean... the colors look nice, but I already have so much plastic and so much of it is MVP.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 390
Niced 20 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I feel like MVP just went to the dark side.

I liked them as a company making a solid product that I can throw well and enhance my enjoyment of disc golf.

Making basically the same discs with all different color combos feels just as cheap and gimmick like as when Innova brought out the Atlas. I understand it as a business decision though. They can almost double their product line with little additional cost. New stamp. Change colors up. Wham. ...
I don't think MVP's going to release an Axoim Volt or an Axoim Waat which would be exactly a Volt but with a colored rim and "Axiom" stamped on the disc. I expect this to be very similar to Latitude 64 & Westside with no duplicate discs between them. I'm sure time will tell if they are going to develop one line to be more "pro" than the other or some other distinction between them.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax88 View Post
You should wait here and see if Aim posts again. Much more entertaining than whats on the TV right now.
AIM is a MN homie so I'm not gonna say anything. I have AKIRA in the blueray right now, time for Johnson to shut off the DGCR for now.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I don't think MVP's going to release an Axoim Volt or an Axoim Waat which would be exactly a Volt but with a colored rim and "Axiom" stamped on the disc. I expect this to be very similar to Latitude 64 & Westside with no duplicate discs between them. I'm sure time will tell if they are going to develop one line to be more "pro" than the other or some other distinction between them.
I can see your point but the last thing I was hoping for was another disc golf company.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I can see your point but the last thing I was hoping for was another disc golf company.
It's a different line, not another company. You are still getting MVP discs here.

Would you still feel the same if MVP announced two new molds and the availability of colored rims, but didn't label it as a new brand? Or would that be ok?

Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

it's a completely separate "team" according to their post, whatever that means. they really didn't explain it. MVP is making the discs, obviously, but that's the only thing we know about axiom discs as an entity itself.