Old 05-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Still waiting on how this compares to the Giant....
I didn't buy a scythe I liked how the enforcer felt in my hand better and it's plenty plenty plenty OS for me. My buddy won a Scythe during the GBO for winning his card that day and he was throwing it today in some very strong headwinds. It was really OS. Quite a bit more than the Villain which I didn't think it would be. I had heard like a beefy Destroyer but I have never seen any destroyer that OS. Probably makes a good flick disc it's not a deep rim. Just not the disc for me. It's not as fast as a giant but I'd say in opto plastic it will be more resistant to turn than any giant. I think the enforcer would pair better with a giant though. They feel closer in the hand for me. Giant maybe a hair thicker in the rim but it's not a big difference.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I also won one at GBO for winning my card. I find my scythe to be similar to a discraft flick in both feel and flight. The flick may be sharper edged and a hair faster but they are similar. I like it better than the enforcer because it feels better in my hand. Opto scythe is super flat topped. I've heard the enforcer compared to an OS destroyer and the scythe compared to a faster firebird. To me those seem like pretty accurate descriptions.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any updates in the giant vs scythe comparison?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 245
Niced 32 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curspider View Post
Any updates in the giant vs scythe comparison?
I haven't thrown both extensively, but I have a friend who throws both frequently. I would say that the Scythe has a later, harder fade, and tends to skip more. I would say that the Scythe/Giant pairing compares pretty closely to a Flick/Force comparison, if that makes sense.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 57
Niced 11 Times in 11 Posts

Threw the Scythe a handful of times yesterday. No doubt, it is way more overstable than both the Blitz and Villains I have.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Giant is rated one speed faster than Scythe due to slightly wider rim of course. They are both so overstable you can shape VERY similar lines. It maybe strange to say, but the Scythe mold feels better for sidearms (flatter) and the Giant feels better for backhands (dome). But yeah, you can get very similar results from both discs. Giant ranges slightly longer I think.

Speed-wise, the Scythe fills my overstable slot between the ultra fast 14-speed World (or Giant) and the fairway-speed Trident/XXX. It's kind of a more stable Boatman, maybe? Nice Firebird/Predator type flight but faster, and that was a missing slot for me. I was using Glo Z Flicks but they are just too darn overstable.

The Enforcer is more overstable than Scythe and Giant and is probably meant to slot between a Giant and Stiletto in terms of overstability...super duper beefy and not as useful for my 400' power level as compared to the Scythe. You can probably even anny an Enforcer in fierce headwind and that sucker should be coming back unless you angle the wing down so badly no disc would have a shot to flex out. I never really need that much OS as I throw heavy white VIP World which is plenty beefy on a hyzer release for nearly any amount of headwind on a distance drive.

I have been recommending the Scythe over the Enforcer to my friends as we do not have 500' pro-level power. Still, if you are wanting a Giant/Stiletto type overstable disc the Enforcer will do that for you at a 12-speed rating, so think most OS Destroyer ever. In normal wind it will flex hard out of anhyzer almost right out of your hand.

Scythe is just more useful for my power level but I am still carrying both for now. I have never parked so many sidearms so quickly with a disc. However, I would like to try a 168-170g Enforcer and see if that doesn't work better, cuz I have no need for max weight on it...beef supreme.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 22 Times in 18 Posts

New Latitude 64 Scythe 12, 3, 0, 4

From flight numbers and description it sounds like a PD2 Chaos or a Force in terms of something I have thrown. Just got one today. Will review a.s.a.p

A Scythe is the Reapers blade. I was so excited at first glance. I thought Discraft or someone else brought back The Reaper (one of my favorites). No, just a new disc that happens to have a reaper on it

administrator. Lat 64 Scythe is not yet listed to add to bag section.

Last edited by Peter S; 05-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
New Latitude 64 Scythe 12, 3, 0, 4

From flight numbers and description it sounds like a PD2 Chaos or a Force in terms of something I have thrown. Just got one today. Will review a.s.a.p

A Scythe is the Reapers blade. I was so excited at first glance. I thought Discraft or someone else brought back The Reaper (one of my favorites). No, just a new disc that happens to have a reaper on it

administrator. Lat 64 Scythe is not yet listed to add to bag section.
........... what?
Old 05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 71
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

In terms of Overstability.

Enforcer > Scythe > Villain.

I think the enforcer and scythe are similar with the Enforcer being a little bit more HSS and LSS.

In terms of giant versus Scythe/Enforcer? I feel like the Enforcer and the giant are pretty similar. The enforcer feels a little bit more workable than the old super beef TP giants. I think the enforcer really is very similar to one of the old TP giants only 1-2 speeds slower.

The Scythe isn't as HSS as the old giants were, maybe the same LSS but it definitely has a little give to it in the middle of the flight from what I've seen.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.diablo View Post
These flick MONEY, feel so gooood. Faster Firechicken, indeed. Not useless overstable in my opinion.
This ^^^ I've never flicked better until I tried out the Scythe.

Niced: (1)