Old 08-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
yeah I find it hard to put xXx and flippy in the same screen much less the same sentence. I've got three opto xXx's that would make any FB blush. granted they are early runs and 172+. Did I miss something while I was gone?
I've bought several recently at max weight and they've all been as OS as my beefy glow firebirds. Not sure why people don't think it fills the FB slot.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Because the xxx is slower then a firebird.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Feel great in my hand. Really flat and overstable. It'll replace my trident and I'll be able to take out the saint pro. Neither of which I throw often but the Saint Pro just isn't overstable enough and the trident is predictable but leaves me wanting a little more glide and distance. The felon solves both of those isses and is slightly a sharper edge although not as much as a firebird. Just picked up the fuzion felon from the oppna player pack today and it feels great too. I'll keep it safe and keep using a proto lucid for now.

With an enforcer, felon, and verdict I really don't feel there is a headwind I can't play in when it gets nasty out. Gimme an overstable premium plastic putt and approach disc that has a microbead and I'll probably find a spot for that in the bag.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can't wait for VIP Harp to be released, it should fill that OS approach slot .

Threw the proto Felon this weekend and it is a perfect 11x FB replacement. Flattop, executes all the same utility shots, and has that same great flight. Someone said it flies like a perfectly seasoned 11x FB and I agree.

Big-time thumbs up DD!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:48 PM

Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.diablo View Post
Saint Pro is not as OS as you would think, not suitable FB/Predator replacement at all imo.
I wasn't trying to replace my flat top 12x FB(which I will with the Felon), it was my 165g Domey FB that had more glide. And yes, my new 173g Lucid Saint Pro is a very good replacement for it. Down to 5 discs in my bag that aren't trilogy. I can't help that everyone of them I throw I fall in love with. If its a mental thing, I'm going to let it ride.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm just excited my 2 11x FBs are going to buy me at least 3 Felons!! Hahaha.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 148
Niced 300 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Feel great in my hand. Really flat and overstable. It'll replace my trident and I'll be able to take out the saint pro. Neither of which I throw often but the Saint Pro just isn't overstable enough and the trident is predictable but leaves me wanting a little more glide and distance. The felon solves both of those isses and is slightly a sharper edge although not as much as a firebird. Just picked up the fuzion felon from the oppna player pack today and it feels great too. I'll keep it safe and keep using a proto lucid for now.

With an enforcer, felon, and verdict I really don't feel there is a headwind I can't play in when it gets nasty out. Gimme an overstable premium plastic putt and approach disc that has a microbead and I'll probably find a spot for that in the bag.
I... you.. wha.. huh? I am honestly not at all in agreement with your review. I can understand many of the others I don't jive with on here: many of them are slow arms that can't quite tell the difference between the truly OS plastic - the XXX, FB, Felons of the world all feel the same because they all just fall out like meathooks.

Your quote on the other hand about the Trident... I'm just thoroughly confused by. I keep a Trident in my bag because it is a straight long flying glidey disc without much turnover, and not much fade for a stable disc. The Felon is far more overstable and doesn't have nearly the glide of a Trident to my hand. I can rip a nice level 80% Trident out to 400 on a dead low-level straight line... A Felon would need 100%. Your review just confuzzled me.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

He probably just meant more speed I'm guessing. Quicker to the punch, so to speak.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 148
Niced 300 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.diablo View Post
He probably just meant more speed I'm guessing. Quicker to the punch, so to speak.
If that is true - then it makes some sense. I'd like to hear his rationale. :P I'm not disagreeing with his feel and his eye - but something just doesn't make sense to me. I'll always agree with well thought out rationale.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 68
Niced 161 Times in 68 Posts

Will be released 9/12. There will be 1000 first run stamps and also stock stamps released.