Old 01-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Par Member

Niced 291 Times in 96 Posts

Forgot about Nate Perkins, likeable guy for sure.

I, too, would like to see more of Kristin Tattar.

Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 868 Times in 457 Posts

Locastro IMO is better than a few years back, both physically and mentally. He added a pretty effective forehand to his game. His "resurgence" has been going on for 2-3 years now. He just needs to get that one liberating big win.

As for Grady Shue, I dont know what "being in the shadow of Simon and Eagle" really means. Ive heard that before. But the guys are superstars, what can you do? Cant expect the brand to not capitalize on them. From what I recall, they did a pretty good job of shedding the limelight on Grady too, when he was due.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,974 Times in 1,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.
Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-29-2019, 08:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 174 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Dont know about breakouts per se, but...

Locastro, always. Always. Since I started following pro DG around 2011 or so.
Locastro broke out it 2009, peaked in 2012.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 64 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake833 View Post
... I kind of want to see Eagle play a whole season the way he started last year....He's got a huge arm, especially for his size...
I'm assuming you're talking about bulk, not height? The dude is pretty tall (6' 3" according to his DGWT page)

In any case, would love to see Simon and Eagle run the table on a couple of tournaments.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Cynthia is going to win the GBO

Niced: (2)
Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.9
Courses Played: 373
Niced 1,820 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.
At Worlds, Bjerkaas played 28 throws better than her rating, while Pierce played just one throw worse than her rating. So, it’s 97.5% Bjerkaas winning it, 3.5% Pierce losing it.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 500 Times in 239 Posts

I'm a St. Louis guy, so I'm always rooting for a Nikko resurgence.

I'm not sure if Calvin Heimburg is touring a bunch, but if he does I'd guess he takes a big win

Kevin Jones will win an NT/DGPT/Major this year for sure

I'm really not sure about FPO because I don't follow closely, but there seems to be a small group that have been knocking on the door for the past few years so hopefully one breaks through.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 74
Niced 161 Times in 119 Posts

I hope G Shue does well. He has the potential to be top 3, with consistent work he can get there in 2019.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 53
Niced 396 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post

I couldn’t agree more. Bjerkaas showed incredible poise over multiple rounds to stick to her game plan and hold the lead. It was damn impressive to perform under that pressure, regardless of how the other women were playing.