#61  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:56 PM
mizunodave mizunodave is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 249
Niced 291 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Forgot about Nate Perkins, likeable guy for sure.

I, too, would like to see more of Kristin Tattar.

Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 AM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,982
Niced 868 Times in 457 Posts
Default

Locastro IMO is better than a few years back, both physically and mentally. He added a pretty effective forehand to his game. His "resurgence" has been going on for 2-3 years now. He just needs to get that one liberating big win.

As for Grady Shue, I dont know what "being in the shadow of Simon and Eagle" really means. Ive heard that before. But the guys are superstars, what can you do? Cant expect the brand to not capitalize on them. From what I recall, they did a pretty good job of shedding the limelight on Grady too, when he was due.

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-29-2019, 06:57 AM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,964
Niced 3,974 Times in 1,638 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.
Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-29-2019, 08:41 AM
takman's Avatar
takman takman is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 533
Niced 174 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Dont know about breakouts per se, but...

Locastro, always. Always. Since I started following pro DG around 2011 or so.
Locastro broke out it 2009, peaked in 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Tjamesd Tjamesd is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 266
Niced 64 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake833 View Post
... I kind of want to see Eagle play a whole season the way he started last year....He's got a huge arm, especially for his size...
I'm assuming you're talking about bulk, not height? The dude is pretty tall (6' 3" according to his DGWT page)

In any case, would love to see Simon and Eagle run the table on a couple of tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 AM
bobmcnelly's Avatar
bobmcnelly bobmcnelly is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Steamboat Springs, Co
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,210
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Cynthia is going to win the GBO

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM
Steve West Steve West is online now
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 45.9
Courses Played: 373
Posts: 5,130
Niced 1,820 Times in 898 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.
At Worlds, Bjerkaas played 28 throws better than her rating, while Pierce played just one throw worse than her rating. So, it’s 97.5% Bjerkaas winning it, 3.5% Pierce losing it.

Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Lazerface Lazerface is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 845
Niced 500 Times in 239 Posts
Default

I'm a St. Louis guy, so I'm always rooting for a Nikko resurgence.

I'm not sure if Calvin Heimburg is touring a bunch, but if he does I'd guess he takes a big win

Kevin Jones will win an NT/DGPT/Major this year for sure

I'm really not sure about FPO because I don't follow closely, but there seems to be a small group that have been knocking on the door for the past few years so hopefully one breaks through.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:47 AM
tylerc's Avatar
tylerc tylerc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nc
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 74
Posts: 1,312
Niced 161 Times in 119 Posts
Default

I hope G Shue does well. He has the potential to be top 3, with consistent work he can get there in 2019.
Reply With Quote
 

  #70  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:52 AM
McCready's Avatar
McCready McCready is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Georgia
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 676
Niced 396 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.
I couldn’t agree more. Bjerkaas showed incredible poise over multiple rounds to stick to her game plan and hold the lead. It was damn impressive to perform under that pressure, regardless of how the other women were playing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 PDGA Pro Masters Worlds Matt B. Tournaments & Leagues 86 07-04-2019 02:39 PM
2019 Pro Tour, NT and Major Schedule DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 35 10-27-2018 11:14 PM
Dynamic Discs Breakout Exovel Discs 53 03-23-2018 11:21 AM
What can I expect from my new R-Pro Boss? Midnightbiker Discs 24 07-13-2009 12:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.