Old 02-14-2017, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP Mountain Man View Post
O.T. Pro Tip:

Put your dry, stinky shoes into a sealed plastic bag, and then put them in a freezer overnight. Stink (bacteria) be gone!

The Pro part of this tip is the sealed plastic bag.
So what happens without the Pro tip? Does your wife divorce you?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2017, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
Yeah, unless Adidas either comes out with a Wide cut version of the Terrex or there's a killer sale on them again when I'm in the market for a new pair, I'm going back to a derivative of the Marshall (I think it's called Saltzman now, or the Nasu's) because they're so much more comfortable. I'm also not the biggest fan of the Adidas tread pattern until it's been worn down a bit; makes the shoe too unstable on teepads for my liking.
Try on a Galaxy M trail running shoe.

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Perfor...alaxy+m+adidas

Tis ugly as all get out. But, it has the solid Adidas sole, won't peal up. It's pretty wide, maybe not wide enough for your foot, but feels loose on mine, and wears really well. Best of all, it's an old model so you can get it for under $50.

I tear out all nikes, new balance, asics, keens. But these have to be worn out through the sole.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 646 Times in 320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Are you guys playing a ton of wet rounds? The GTX didn't breathe well enough for me and we don't get many rainy days in Socal.
If you are in a state that gets a lot of snow, there is usually a lot of standing water/mud during the spring thaw. Also, in the northern states the temperature usually hits the dew point overnight and the grass gets wet enough to soak through your shoes during morning rounds.

I agree with you though that waterproof shoes generally don't breath very well. I prefer to play in light and thin shoes.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 80
Niced 267 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Try on a Galaxy M trail running shoe.

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Perfor...alaxy+m+adidas

Tis ugly as all get out. But, it has the solid Adidas sole, won't peal up. It's pretty wide, maybe not wide enough for your foot, but feels loose on mine, and wears really well. Best of all, it's an old model so you can get it for under $50.

I tear out all nikes, new balance, asics, keens. But these have to be worn out through the sole.
Nice link, that's a good price for a trail shoe.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Niced 323 Times in 189 Posts

For anyone having issues with the toe space in the adidas terrex line or ax2. The insole in the shoes are pretty thick, i would say above average thick. I pulled out the insole and replaced it with a regular shoe insole and it made a big difference.
I know you shouldnt have to alter a 100$+ shoe to make it work, but this is an option for ppl looking for a little more toe room.
The sole of these shoes have great grip. I would say better than vibram. Although vibram soles are probably more durable in the long run.
I have a pair of the terrex swift r and the ax2. Love the style and grip
Old 08-26-2019, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 60
Niced 81 Times in 49 Posts

So in Terry's interview with Paul after Worlds, Paul mentioned his adidas partnership and the way to save 35% on shoes.

Link to video
Link to sale

In the video (toward the end of Paul's section), Paul mentioned that you could stack a new member discount with the save35 discount. Has anyone been able to do this, and if so, how?
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned but not forgotten

Niced 607 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P. View Post
So in Terry's interview with Paul after Worlds, Paul mentioned his adidas partnership and the way to save 35% on shoes.

Link to video
Link to sale

In the video (toward the end of Paul's section), Paul mentioned that you could stack a new member discount with the save35 discount. Has anyone been able to do this, and if so, how?
It would be easier for Paul to just tell us straight up he gets a cut off this promo code instead of viral marketing it. Too smart for his own good.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 64 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:

Link to video
Link to sale

I was able to do this. While browsing the sale I put a pair in my cart for $91, and saw a deal that you can get $20 off your first order of $75 if you sign up for their mailing list. So I did that and got a coupon code emailed to me, then I signed up for an account to get free shipping. Ended up with a pair of the swift r2 gtx for $71.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 105
Niced 645 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:

Link to video
Link to sale

I've done this 3 different times over the past couple years. If you supply a new email address they will let you stack it up. They don't even verify you are a new member, so I use my same account, but use the code from the email sent to my other non-main email address.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 60
Niced 81 Times in 49 Posts

Thanks guys.