Old 09-23-2019, 05:47 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,063 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm not paying for it. I'll watch the post-production, or not bother. Besides, college football is on TV for free...
I mean I don't disagree, but I don't begrudge them for doing live as PPV. It's worth trying to see if people will pay. I mean just because I'm an old cheap bastard doesn't mean everyone is.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2019, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,882 Times in 2,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
For you maybe.
Which is why I included "imo"

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 05:54 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,366 Times in 1,725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I mean I don't disagree, but I don't begrudge them for doing live as PPV. It's worth trying to see if people will pay. I mean just because I'm an old cheap bastard doesn't mean everyone is.
Oh, I didn't say they shouldn't try it, just that I'm not going to participate. I don't think Disc Golf is ready for PPV, but we'll see what happens...
Old 09-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 929 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
You mean the LEDGESTONE OPEN.

Great Lakes Open is in Michigan and played on the Tobaggan (home of the USADGC and used for Worlds in 2000). Totally different style of course compared to Eureka Lake (or Winthrop Gold).
Yeah Ledgestone Open, Discraft does so many tournaments That Have open in the name I mixed the two up.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
That has to be one of the mod's alt accounts. There is no other reason why he's still allowed to post his obvious bull****
Nope sorry you are wrong. I made a mistake again this time with names, really bad with names.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnick View Post
Well, I'm glad that I invited several comments...

And call me wrong for saying it...

But when I spend my money to spectate a tournament, I want a gorgeous (or mainly asthetically pleasing course (not just a spectator friendly or course that just tests skills)...that is my preference...

Vermont has this...Pittsburgh has this...and other places have this...but not USDGC...

Tradition is great and I understand the appeal...but I believe that USDGC isnt really worthy of a major (despite the great tounament logistics and crowd)...i believe that Smuggs would be a better site for a major than USDGC...and I've been to both...forgetting history, does anyone disagree that it is an equal or better test with a much more appealing set of courses?
What is needed is an area with a course that has, backhand, forehand, woods, open, and hills all in the same place to test everything that a player can throw at a course. Then is it ready, Open Worlds this year had all of that in two courses including hills, not as much but still some. We might need to think if a single course is going to be the right choice for USDGC or copnsider a 20 + hole course for USDGC. It was fun to read about the course when players struggled on the over water shot but now with 12+ speed discs and players that throw due to training with such speed they could get a speed 1 or 2 putter over the water with the most over water to the basket forget about it. I will say again, now some courses have in PDGA NT and PT a 1000+ foot hole on the course for top level players when in 2000's that was not the case.

Now if just on a more picturesque course I think even the PDGA Hall of fame in Augusta Georgia course could work, plus at the same time induct the Hall of fame players on Video, like with the tournament right after winner announcement of USDGC. Get more people into the Hall of Fame and see Disc Golf history. I mean if the course was up to standards of the Pro World Disc Golf Championships at some point after place opened in late 2000's then it is ready for USDGC.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I imagine them sounding like somewhere between Hootie and Toad the Wet Sprocket
I actually cringe at the name Crickets for Fish as I hear with that name a southern rock version of Fish. Fish is a band that people can only listen to when on pot, with Mushroom chasers or peyote chasers.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 150
Niced 462 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
I'm not paying for it. I'll watch the post-production, or not bother. Besides, college football is on TV for free...
Well, like $50-100 per month, but close enough...

Old 09-23-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Plastic Thunder has made a good point. I noticed that the updates on dealer.innovadiscs.com last month and this month were very unexceptional at best, and downright boring and at worst. After McBeth's departure, I get a sense of a dwindling energy at Innova (and a lot more excitement at Discraft).

Sure, Innova will still sell discs, and I hope they'll make more molds in good XT and/or Nexus plastics that will sell well, but the 'trade' of Paul McBeth for Wysocki has not worked out in innova's favor, IMHO.
Only problem Ricky has not yet had the worlds that Paul had. Paul is like this generations Ken Climo only World Champion Disc golf wins so far are less for Paul simply due to the way top players are actually training and working out in the off season more and with more specificity to address weak parts of the game then players in the past prior to late 1990's. As Ken Climo only started having this problem due to others training and then working out in the off season in late 1990's early 2000's. Before late 1990's, most players were not working out as much, taking a cue from golf at the time and using talent/raw athletic ability only doing the training within the sport of the Disc Golf with throws and the like, in late 1990's top players started more then just a rare few using weight training to have power and working on stamina for the sport of disc golf specifically.

Now players can find info online of how to train parts of the form to be better, see how some top players are training for disc golf in the off season due to video blogging etc and some of the clinics the top players give might end up online too.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 23
Niced 346 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf17713 View Post
So 9.99 for the live broadcast.. might be worth it if the coverage is good and commercial free.. Are they gonna have giveaways? Can anyone comment on how often innova commercials are going to be ran on the broadcast? 1 an hour? 6? This could easily backfire on them.
$10 for one event? It better be on par with some of the past Finnish broadcasting of disc golf, but I doubt it will be.

Might be a good weekend to have a Jomez Patreon drive.

Niced: (2)