Old 10-26-2019, 10:24 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 52 Times in 26 Posts

Has anyone thrown the new stamp production Z Vultures? Just seeing if they would still be the flippiest. I've got an ESP and a Cryztal (it has a freaking puddle top), and was wondering the new Z would fall. Also, a good rundown of stabilites on these would be helpful, I'm understanding that Big Z is the most OS and Titanium is the flippiest?

Trying to phase the Zeuses/Nukes out of the bag in favor of some slower stuff so I can have a bit more control. I'm very happy with my undertakers (and sting), trying to fill the OS half of that 9-10 speed range.

I'm hoping the Big Z is really OS, it seems like it would be a great forehand workhorse driver if it is.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2019, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 328 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatPaco View Post
Has anyone thrown the new stamp production Z Vultures? Just seeing if they would still be the flippiest. I've got an ESP and a Cryztal (it has a freaking puddle top), and was wondering the new Z would fall. Also, a good rundown of stabilites on these would be helpful, I'm understanding that Big Z is the most OS and Titanium is the flippiest
FR Z is the flippiest for sure
TI is dumpy and glideless imo
Big Z is in the sweet spot. It is OS but workable
USADGC Z Sparkle Glo is by far the beefiest i have thrown(hard to find)
Havent thrown a regular Z
ESP is glidey and mine were domey with a high shoulder...not great but not bad. Slight OS

I throw an Anax for the OS Vulture slot. I dont feel much of a difference between those 2. Easier to find instead of chasing a super beef Vulture.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

Just picked up my CryZtal and FR Vulture

The CryZtal is super flat ( even puddle top ). . .and the FH very Domey. . is that the norm for Vultures in those plastics?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 32 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Just picked up my CryZtal and FR Vulture

The CryZtal is super flat ( even puddle top ). . .and the FH very Domey. . is that the norm for Vultures in those plastics?
FWIW, my first run was board flat

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

I have/have had 3 FR Z Vultures that were all flat. All of them are/were neon green, if that matters.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 328 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
I have/have had 3 FR Z Vultures that were all flat. All of them are/were neon green, if that matters.
I have 6 FR Z Vultures. All flat. These are great for long wooded straight shots. Paired with a Big Z and a Anax, it covers my long fairways.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

My FR flew the same as a tour series Vulture..more stable than my Ti....I think I got an odd FR

Really liked the cryZtal but is was not as stable as I thought....but close to a Big-Z

I think I will bag a tour series and a CryZtal Vulture...and then a Proto Anax
Old 01-17-2020, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 690 Times in 417 Posts

I got my hands on an ESP Vulture in a store today & gotta say it felt right. I might take a chance & buy one soon enough but keep holding off because I have so many Thunderbirds. The Vulture seems like the one DC distance driver that I think could slide in my game.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I got my hands on an ESP Vulture in a store today & gotta say it felt right. I might take a chance & buy one soon enough but keep holding off because I have so many Thunderbirds. The Vulture seems like the one DC distance driver that I think could slide in my game.
The first vulture I fell in love with was my swirly glo AT esp one. Started out fairly over stable but has beat in to a nice straight flier, that can still fight out of a turn but finish straight. I just snagged a couple purple first runs, im hoping they will season into a notch below that disc, straight flier with a slightly under stable finish, good hyzer flip disc with a little turn. Can't wait to throw them.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 792 Times in 616 Posts
Default Vulture

Got to toss my first Vulture around today. Disc is ESP 174g. Here are my thoughts:

I have no clue what run Vulture this is, but it has a normal stamp. The plastic is gorgeous swirled ESP. Very slightly gummy and grippy. Dome is average. I won't call it flat, but it isn't really domey either.

The disc itself flies true to the assigned numbers. This definitely seems to be Discraft's answer to the Thunderbird. They fly very similarly. The only real difference I noticed was that the Vulture has a slightly sharper and shallower rim than a Thunderbird (hence the speed 10 rating instead of 9). This is a driver that seems to fit between fairway and distance. It flies like a fairway driver, but is capable of fairly long shots if thrown hard.

The Vulture is a very straight flier. No high speed turn or S curve. The only way to really get an S curve with this disc is to force it over hard anny. The Vulture will actually hold a forced anny line pretty well and get nice distance. Thrown flat and hard I wasn't seeing any turn at all. Just a good flat flight followed by a moderate fade. Glide is good, but not exceptional. I didn't find the Vulture to be floaty.

Accuracy seems to be this disc's purpose. The Vulture has a good hand feel and is very easy to learn. I found I could dial it in pretty accurately to about 375'. Anything longer than that I would most likely reach for a faster disc. I had the Vulture out against a Raider, Crank, Halo, Katana, and DD2. The Vulture was consistently 20' or more behind all these other much faster drivers (as it should be).

Overall I really dug the Vulture. Discraft has put out a good product here. This disc has a good hand feel and compares very favorably to a Thunderbird. This is a perfect driver for 350-375' shots where accuracy is a must. The Vulture doesn't turn over and flies consistently throw after throw.

Vulture: 10, 5, 0, 2. These are the numbers printed on the disc, and I agree with them. Not really a disc for beginners. The Vulture needs to be thrown pretty hard to stay flat for any length of time. I figure 350' is the minimum power requirement to throw this thing adequately.

I also recently got an Anax. Next throwing session will be Vulture vs. Anax vs. Thunderbird. I'd like to get all these head to head and see what subtle differences may exist.

Niced: (2)