Old 02-09-2020, 10:16 AM
Par Member

Niced 77 Times in 36 Posts

In Brodie's making the bag video regarding putters, Paul tells Brodie that the Luna is simply the Roach in Pro D with Rubber added to the plastic blend.

https://youtu.be/yF_eDKFy9wI?t=638

This means that a Big Z Roach and a Big Z Luna are likely the same exact disc.

He also mentions that Paige's putter is a taller Challenger SS, and that it's a mix of multiple different plastics.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

He says “it kind of like the Roach” that’s not the same as “it simply the Roach” that’s a big difference

What Paul’s saying is like saying “ the Challenger is kind of like the Wizard “. ..”kind of” has a big spread
Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 PM
Par Member

Niced 77 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
He says “it kind of like the Roach” that’s not the same as “it simply the Roach” that’s a big difference.
They measure the same. So if your big difference is literally zero difference, I agree.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
They measure the same. So if your big difference is literally zero difference, I agree.
Rim depth is 1mm difference . . but sure they are similar, but so are the Aviar driver, Warlock and MANY others.

I have +15 Lunas in all the plastics, many Roaches...+20 Aviars in all versions...Warlocks, Wardens. P2s . . .and they ARE very similar, but NOT exakt clones

With SOOO many moulds out there. . we WILL get moulds that are very VERY similar , not much we can do about that
Old 02-10-2020, 03:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 181 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
before Paul became Mr. McPro and was getting signature discs, he was using P2s......
I'm not saying you're being untruthful but to my knowledge Paul was using DX Aviar P&As before he got his signature McPros. When did he putt with P2s? I know he was bagging an S-Line P2 as a driving putter. I cant recall a time he was putting with P2s in tournaments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Rim depth is 1mm difference . . but sure they are similar, but so are the Aviar driver, Warlock and MANY others.

I have +15 Lunas in all the plastics, many Roaches...+20 Aviars in all versions...Warlocks, Wardens. P2s . . .and they ARE very similar, but NOT exakt clones

With SOOO many moulds out there. . we WILL get moulds that are very VERY similar , not much we can do about that
As someone with experience with all those putter molds...which Innova/Discmania/Millennium putter mold is closest to the Luna? I have spent a lot of time with Innova molds. I have never tested out a Luna.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
As someone with experience with all those putter molds...which Innova/Discmania/Millennium putter mold is closest to the Luna? I have spent a lot of time with Innova molds. I have never tested out a Luna.
If you have feelt the McPro Aviar, the Luna is close to that, but in a hair grippier plastic and a slight "curve" on the bottom rim

Found this pic on Reddit...Luna on the left, McPro right

Niced: (1)
Old 02-10-2020, 05:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 363 Times in 214 Posts

Roach = the exact same disc as the Luna. There are literally no differences at all. Mirror image
Old 02-10-2020, 06:16 AM
* Ace Member *

To me the top part is different, not at home so i took some pic from the webb

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Namnlös.jpg (39.2 KB, 108 views)

Old 02-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
This means that a Big Z Roach and a Big Z Luna are likely the same exact disc
That was Paul’s way of describing the Luna. We do that type of comparison in the English language frequently, especially in sports. The rim depth is a different measurement. The roach doesn’t have a weird rounded out bottom and it doesn’t come in firm Jawbreaker. Other small differences. The Luna never would’ve happened and they would just give him a Roach signature. A lot of putters are similar with small differences though. It was released as a money grab because they just signed Paul. At this point, the purpose of the disc is just to try to look cool (but really looking like a fan boy) lol Yet it doesn’t have his name anywhere on the production release

Old 02-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Banned

Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I'm not saying you're being untruthful but to my knowledge Paul was using DX Aviar P&As before he got his signature McPros. When did he putt with P2s? I know he was bagging an S-Line P2 as a driving putter. I cant recall a time he was putting with P2s in tournaments. As someone with experience with all those putter molds...which Innova/Discmania/Millennium putter mold is closest to the Luna? I have spent a lot of time with Innova molds. I have never tested out a Luna.
You would know more than me on what Paul used or uses. Don’t follow them.

Luna feels extremely lightweight at max weight. Almost too much, but i like to feel putter in hand. I think it’s for small hands. Roach would be best comparison, but not identical. The JB plastic being used on the Luna at $20 though is pretty asinine on many levels. Not even close to worth it. I’d try one before buying several.

Last edited by thenomad; 02-10-2020 at 11:58 AM.