* Ace Member *

Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
That's a shocker.
and that you should comment that is really not a shocker
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Jolt; 02-20-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:08 AM
* Ace Member *

I really like to test discs, and i can afford it, so i donīt see the problem..
For me itīs more fun to test new disc than it is to "play another round"

But i canīt really see Paul have much of a use for a disc like this in his bag. . but he can sure sell it, most people donīt need the OS discs that Paul have in his bag.. .
I see kids that throw max 150-200ībaging Destroyers and Forces. . not really the smartest choice
Old 02-20-2020, 07:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 230 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I really like to test discs, and i can afford it, so i donīt see the problem..
For me itīs more fun to test new disc than it is to "play another round"

But i canīt really see Paul have much of a use for a disc like this in his bag. . but he can sure sell it, most people donīt need the OS discs that Paul have in his bag.. .
I see kids that throw max 150-200ībaging Destroyers and Forces. . not really the smartest choice
May end up being a further roller, or just a reliable driver he can count on to really hold a long Anhyzer line. In the WTO they were commenting his ankle is preventing him from throwing the big anhyzers he wanted to a couple of the holes
Old 02-21-2020, 02:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
May end up being a further roller, or just a reliable driver he can count on to really hold a long Anhyzer line. In the WTO they were commenting his ankle is preventing him from throwing the big anhyzers he wanted to a couple of the holes
And the roller BH trow is just a big Anhyzer, so i donīt think Paul will throw that many rollers in 2020.

But for once a new disc actually fills a gap in Discraft lineup . . .there is a big gap in between the 0.4 Thrasher and the 1.7 Punisher in the 12-speed lineup

The NUKE, NUKE SS and CRANK are all very wide rim drivers

I hope the HADES comes in around 1.0-1.3 in stability
Old 02-27-2020, 10:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 129
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,052 Times in 450 Posts

McShryke or McTern or McVulcan?

I've got enough flippy distance drivers to toy around with already, but I'm sure this will be an alluring option to someone new to the game who wants a disc for max D, unpredictability be damned!

(And I'm sure Paul can throw it a country mile.)

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2020, 01:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 792 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
McShryke or McTern or McVulcan?

I've got enough flippy distance drivers to toy around with already, but I'm sure this will be an alluring option to someone new to the game who wants a disc for max D, unpredictability be damned!

(And I'm sure Paul can throw it a country mile.)
Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable. For long distance he seems to throw Kongs (Zeus), Force, or Destroyers years go.

All I really know about this mold so far is that the few prototypes available online are selling for outrageous prices.

Number wise it seems like the Hades is going to overlap a lot with the Crank.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable. For long distance he seems to throw Kongs (Zeus), Force, or Destroyers years go.

All I really know about this mold so far is that the few prototypes available online are selling for outrageous prices.

Number wise it seems like the Hades is going to overlap a lot with the Crank.
I think he will bag it and throw it when he can. . but this disc is targeting the "average player" and i think its a smart move. . Paul canīt have ALL his own line to be OS "pro disc"
Old 02-28-2020, 08:17 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts

My hope is it’s the flight path of a shryke but slightly smaller rim so it’s easier sub 450ft throwers (like me) to get up to speed.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think he will bag it and throw it when he can. . but this disc is targeting the "average player" and i think its a smart move. . Paul canīt have ALL his own line to be OS "pro disc"
I agree with you, yet I see so many average to below average players throw ridiculous discs like Destroyers or Bosses. The Destroyer is still by far the most popular mold out there, and I'd almost guarantee over half of those are bought and thrown by guys who probably won't clear 350' a day in their lives. Many average players seem to throw overstable discs simply because they see pros throw them.

Putting Paul's name on a disc will sell it, period. Putting his name on some flippier stuff definitely won't hurt.

If the Hades flies like a Shryke I think Discraft will have something profitable on their hands.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
My hope is it’s the flight path of a shryke but slightly smaller rim so it’s easier sub 450ft throwers (like me) to get up to speed.
Shrykes are not hard at all to get up to speed. They're speed 13, but the rim doesn't feel wide. 350' power is more than enough to get some turn out of a Shryke.

If the Shryke is too much for you, the Tern is another very viable option. It'll fly every bit as far, but more erratically.