Old 11-30-2019, 11:10 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ya that disc has nice structure you can see the sink is pronounced flat top same as my yellow the blue one is like a bubble sink doesnt feel good the leopard and thunderbird sink feels nice and is minimal
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2019, 11:15 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 787 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSunny View Post
Ya that disc has nice structure you can see the sink is pronounced flat top same as my yellow the blue one is like a bubble sink doesnt feel good the leopard and thunderbird sink feels nice and is minimal
I know 100% what you mean, my KC Pro Roc 180 gram I won from a 2009 Ice bowl with full color stamp has this odd droop off on the edge of disc that if those particular discs were not flat top the disc would not have the droop off on the very edge of top plate on the disc about 1/4-1/3 an inch .
Old 11-30-2019, 11:25 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 73 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
I have noticed a bunch of different molds from innova have this rig / dip in the rim you can feel with finger its a bump other discs dont have it any info? thanks
I merely noticed a bad image of a disc, where no mold name was mentioned at all, so I really could not see what you are complaining about.
Try harder next time.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:25 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

My 12x kc roc have tilts i think it must be some molds have different style transition from smooth to steep sink thought it was a defect but must be normal not the nipples and bubbles though would think they would be more consistent kc aviars always the same

Niced: (1)
Old 11-30-2019, 11:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 59
Niced 142 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like you got the bottom of the barrel for whatever reason. I like to finger a lot of plastic and have only noticed microbubble rims as an Innova wide spread defect so thinks for the heads up.

I'd probably give the online retailer a chance to make it right. If you do go to a DG store, set a budget first or better yet buy your buddy's unwanted already broken in discs (which are better) for $5 or a cold beer or something
Old 11-30-2019, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
That’s kinda my point.
Oh damn these rims flare out way way past vertical. Oh that’s ok we will call it a “plus” rim and sell it as a good thing.

Hey look someone effed up and put a leopard bottom on this run... oh we will call it an L version people will love it.

Wow our molds are getting old and all our discs are coming out overly domey we should fix that.
Nah we will make some new ones but keep using the old and the new we will call “3” molds and change the flight numbers that way people will buy both.

Can't tell if all of this is serious, but "L" molds don't have Leopard bottoms.

Niced: (2)

Old 12-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 59
Niced 142 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Can't tell if all of this is serious, but "L" molds don't have Leopard bottoms.
How can that post be serious? Not a thing is factual, Plus+ were intentional for easy release but noobs like to deathgrip. L mold Eagles have a smooth tapered bottom wing not a Leopard wing. Age of the molds isn't the biggest factor for whether discs will be domey. Innova doesn't sort their production flat will be sold as 3topped, slight to moderate dome will be the normal Leopard.... pls he be trollin'

it is this kind of misinformation that makes me wish the mods would ban some folks... prolly why i'm not in charge and don't want to be

Niced: (1)

Last edited by 7ontheline; 12-01-2019 at 12:07 AM.