Old 12-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 454 Times in 279 Posts

Learning to throw your putters with hyzer is going to help you the most. That being said, there are some good straight-to-fade throwing putters out there with a shallow rim. Axiom Envy, Westside Maiden, and Innova Stud all come to mind. Just realize that eventually, as your skills progress, you will likely come full circle and be in the market for a slower, deeper, approach disc.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 169 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWookie View Post
The perfect flight path would be more or less straight with a consistent fade, but land soft and not want to skip or curl left more. As well as be very forgiving to not so perfect release angles and NEVER turn right even on hard throws. Not sure if there are any putter/approaches out there like that, but if there are, I'm all ears. And I think the most important thing is that it has at least 2 fade and is very forgiving to not so great release points.
Personally, I think you might like the Daredevil Discs Walrus. It's rated at 4/5/0/3. The Elastic Performance plastic is super bendy which means that the walrus hits the ground and absorbs the shock and dies on impact. It is a touch glidey-er than any zone, and the fade back is very similar to my jawbreaker zone (not as pronounced as my z-flx zone). Like most of the elastic performance discs (walrus, Ogopogo, woodchuck), it's best thrown at less than full power. That said, I know you're emphatic about "never turning right even on hard throws", and if that trumps the skip problem, then I'd say go with a z-flx zone. But if you want a nicely OS approach disc that pretty much dies on impact, you might like the walrus.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-03-2019, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 595 Times in 435 Posts

I'd HIGHLY recommend an MVP ATOM - Premium plastic for more stability - so Proton plastic or Neutron plastic . My 171-175g Proton/NEutron Atoms fly like 3.5/3/0/1 and are REALLY nice and straight but never turn over and have a lil fade but not a heavy fade. Also the Axiom Envy is always a good choice , but I prefer the Atoms

Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 PM

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWookie View Post
But like I said in my last few posts, I think it's the rim profile and shape (the mold) that is the biggest help or hindrance here.
What grip are you using for these shots?