Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,572 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post
Don't forget DX Teebirds, its the one disc I can occasionally throw slightly over 300
I'm not sure why, but I've never clicked with the TeeBird. They seem to dump on me when they don't for other people. The DX Firebird for me actually flies like the DX TeeBird should but doesn't. I can throw a light DX Firebird a lot farther than a light DX TeeBird. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I threw DX TeeBirds for years and since I stumbled across the DX Firebird I haven't touched a TeeBird.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,347 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I'm not sure why, but I've never clicked with the TeeBird. They seem to dump on me when they don't for other people. The DX Firebird for me actually flies like the DX TeeBird should but doesn't. I can throw a light DX Firebird a lot farther than a light DX TeeBird. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I threw DX TeeBirds for years and since I stumbled across the DX Firebird I haven't touched a TeeBird.
I never really understood the reverence for the Dx Teebird on this site...I've had several and they were good fliers until they developed a really harsh turn. I found Dx Eagles a much better thrower...there turn to me was slower and smoother and a little more predictable with age.
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 30 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I never really understood the reverence for the Dx Teebird on this site...I've had several and they were good fliers until they developed a really harsh turn. I found Dx Eagles a much better thrower...there turn to me was slower and smoother and a little more predictable with age.
I have limited experience with Eagles, my father-in law throws them, and I have thrown his a few times. My TeeBirds haven’t shown that big turn yet, although I lost my 2 most used ones this year so maybe those would have started to show it.
Prior to starting the garublador method of building a bag, I carried 2 DX Teebirds and a champ.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 311 Times in 165 Posts

DX Teebird love is a carry-over from the DGR days.
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 978 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I have a pfn DX Tbird that work fantastic lines.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,572 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have a pfn DX Tbird that work fantastic lines.
Oh, I've seen guys throw lazers with DX TeeBirds. From what I've witnessed, I get why people love TeeBirds. I just personally can't throw one worth a damn, and really who is surprised by that?

I think the surprise for me is how well the DX Firebird has worked for me given that I can't throw anything else worth a damn.

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 30 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I think the surprise for me is how well the DX Firebird has worked for me given that I can't throw anything else worth a damn.
I hear you threePutt! I do quite a bit of reading about discs and experimenting with different discs. I assure you that 95% (probably too low) of the time I just can’t throw the things well 😃
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 413
Niced 99 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
Regular Rocs are widely available in DX and KC Pro. If you're beating those in "super quick" then you must be playing in a parking lot.

Stars are not that hard to find, Infinite has Star Rancho's available right now. If you consider the Roc3 (which is basically a flat Roc) then you've got Champion and GStar widely available too.

As far as drivers go: if you start with something relatively overstable, DX can be a great plastic for cycling and you'll still get good longevity out of them. Firebirds and Eagles are awesome in DX.
I get all that. I'm just saying I do not like dx drivers. I have a star rancho and star San Marino. Also a dx and kc pro. The kc pro is the first one I got and it's already got a big gash on the edge after hitting a rock. I have a metal flake champ roc 3 too but my point is why don't they run champ rocs.? Like I said I'm liking the roc but I prefer champ plastic. Just disappointing that I can get a buzzz in basically every plastic but not so much for a roc. Seems odd to me that's all. I'm just not a buzzz fan. Sorry buzzzchief.
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

I've recently gotten into lightweight Star Firebirds. Once they're seasoned a bit they are absolute fairway driving perfection. Full power they are laser straight with a late dependable fade. Highly recommended.

Last edited by NoahChristopher; Yesterday at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 462 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
why don't they run champ rocs.? Like I said I'm liking the roc but I prefer champ plastic.
Lots of USDGC Champ Rocs out there. When I discovered this, new F2s and some numbered ones were going for pretty close to regular stock Champion prices. Lately I have seen some go for $10-15. If you really like the Roc and want one in Champion plastic, there are plenty of throwers and new ones.