Old Today, 02:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I'm saying that Course Quality is usually compromised simply by the nature of the permanent or temp courses that need to be used by some of the teams who stepped up and were selected to host the tour events. Better quality from a viewer standpoint is farther down the list with internet access/media needs coming next and then doing the best they can with the layout suitable for the players. Viewers essentially get what results from those compromises. We also know that perhaps more viewers prefer to watch more wooded courses than open with OB rope. But the organizers won't play a short wooded course perhaps with worse internet access versus setting up a much longer temp course. The players might see the wooded course as poorer quality and their needs plus media needs rise above viewer preference for quality.
I understand your above points.

I do not think it is necessary, but I could have added:

If there are no constraints, I do not think the value of spectators is worth the loss of course quality.

Prefacing everything so specifically would be so cumbersome.

If there are no constraints and choices are available, plus if the parks department allows and the state has no problems with, additionally if the club can support as well as the TD is willing......I do not think the value of spectators is worth the loss of course quality.

Just gets silly, IMO.
Sponsored Links