Old Today, 07:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,825 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Not trying to cause trouble, just stating my (silly) opinion. Paige B is an elite FPO pro, a 1X World Champion. I don't know her personal life, and really don't care, but when I hear she's "working at the store/warehouse all winter", I think it's fair game for me or anyone to state their opinion. Which is, I would hope working at the store is her choice and not in her sponsorship requirements.
She's Paige S now.

And if you stated your last "opinion" in that manner, you probably wouldn't have caught so much blowback. If you don't like that she's working during the off-season and wish she didn't have to, that's fine. But framing it as if DD is forcing her to do it, with zero evidence to suggest that is the case, that's a bit over the top.
Old Today, 08:53 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 136 Times in 85 Posts

So what if she is working in the "store / warehouse"! She's rather young, no? Maybe she's had very little work experience (in the real world). IMO it never hurts to learn "Business 101" by the seat of your pants! 'Manual labor' combined with the 'finances' of it should be a prerequisite of life...even for 1X'ers. Was very glad I "flipped burgers" 46 years ago - taught me a great amount of things which I was able to use later in "my field".
Old Today, 11:34 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 86
Niced 89 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
are the courses really that great
Depends on what you consider to be a great course.

Emporia has a lot of courses in a relatively small geographic area, which provides good variety for practicing during the offseason. If there is one thing it is missing, it would probably be a location with very tight tunnel shots. A few holes at Cottonwood Falls test that, but not to the degree of some of the more famous wooded courses used for Majors and DGPT events.

I mean, in all honesty, I don't think anyone is going to go to Emporia and declare a course there the equivalent of Delaveaga or Smuggler's Notch. But between Emporia Country Club, Cottonwood Falls, both Jones courses, Peter Pan, Olpe Lake, and a handful of others, it does offer a decent variety of lines, distances, and conditions to play in.
Old Today, 12:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 899 Times in 400 Posts

Pffft. What traction do you expect to gain with an honest, fair assessment of the Emporia courses?

This is DGCR. Any hole will be deemed a "boring hyzerfest" if it doesn't feature a dizzying scatterplot of slender tree trunks that frame dozens of 3-foot-wide gaps.

Niced: (1)

Old Today, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 976 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
She's Paige S now.

And if you stated your last "opinion" in that manner, you probably wouldn't have caught so much blowback. If you don't like that she's working during the off-season and wish she didn't have to, that's fine. But framing it as if DD is forcing her to do it, with zero evidence to suggest that is the case, that's a bit over the top.
I didn't say it as if it was already fact, but looking over my original comment I could see someone just reading my reply assuming it was indeed fact: "Please don't tell me DD is seriously making their #1 FPO player work the store/warehouse through the winter."

Point taken, thank you.

I forgot she was recently married, that has....everything to do with everything. Guessing Grady works in Emporia as well.