Old 10-19-2017, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 222
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 358 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnow View Post
Saw Michigan and completely missed the Discmania logo and signature. I'm a bit surprised your CEO would even want you asking our opinions after he vowed to stay away from this forum. How about an article about Jussi's vision for disc golf coverage? He keeps saying live coverage doesn't fit, so what is his vision?
I'm not sure Skizzle was here to be the Jussi spokesperson, unless I missed something. Jussi owns his opinion, I am also guessing, but if he want to publicize he vision, he would do so.
I am not a fan of live coverage at all, and I am sure I am not the only one more than happy with the taped iterations.
I think asking an engaged forum of disc golfers what they might like to read is a pretty good move.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I'm not sure Skizzle was here to be the Jussi spokesperson, unless I missed something. Jussi owns his opinion, I am also guessing, but if he want to publicize he vision, he would do so.
I am not a fan of live coverage at all, and I am sure I am not the only one more than happy with the taped iterations.
I think asking an engaged forum of disc golfers what they might like to read is a pretty good move.
Thank you. I have no agenda, just want to be sure I know what people are interested in. They don't have to have anything to do with Discmania even.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 23
Niced 61 Times in 38 Posts

A few ideas maybe suited for a running series of articles:

Best DG weekend road trip destinations/courses in various areas of the country. With list of courses to play, lodging and dining suggestions, etc.

DG related health/fitness articles. Proper stretching exercises before playing for example. DG related injuries - how to avoid them - how to treat them.

Training/practice tips from the pros.

One off articles could be:

Proper disc selection for beginners. Or How to get off to a good start in the sport of DG.

DG essentials - things you should bring with you besides your disc to make the game safer and more enjoyable.

What to expect when you play your first tournament.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Eagle Member

Have gotten some great ideas so far! Please don't be afraid to share what you would be interested in.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 68
Niced 281 Times in 149 Posts

I'd like to see an in depth article on the trails and tribulations of getting a course installed. Could be either someone who installed it on their own property or one on public land. What goes into it. How the opinions of public officials shaped the course and any other similar details...The politics, the labor, the lack of volunteer help lol...

-Dave

Old 10-23-2017, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 154
Niced 194 Times in 114 Posts

If your intent is to promote disc golf as a whole, then I'd like to read about how disc golf courses positively impact local communities. There's many local clubs that do a great deal of community service and charity fundraising, it would be great if these people were recognized more often. Statistics on crime reduction rates and or the economic benefits related to course installations would be interesting to read about as well.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Eagle Member

Fleshing some of these ideas out! Thanks to everyone who has contributed up to this point
Old 10-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 86
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
It might be interesting to compare the histories of a successful course and a course that failed.
I'd add that there are a ton of courses that are very near each other one of which gets pounded and the other get ignored. It'd be interesting to see some theory of why that is. It doesn't seem to be related to course condition or course difficulty.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 125 Times in 79 Posts

Bradley Williams man. Bradley Williams.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 59 Times in 33 Posts

You said in an earlier post that you were planning to write to a general population. Maybe I'm telling you what you already know but I'd write for the audience likely to visit that website and not some general population that might visit the website. When people try to conceptualize a "general" audience they often end up overlooking the likely audience they will encounter. Topics and content appropriate for a general disc golfer audience won't be the same as for people who frequent this website or even people who order discs online. That's a more tailored population but likely the one you will encounter on a disc golf website.