Old 03-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 202 Times in 116 Posts

Worst that Ive ever personally seen was a big gash out of one of my early Volt rims from a hitting a dense tree in Korea. It did make the disc more understable but I think it actually made it fly better. Ive seen a few on Facebook that were worse. And who could forget that first run of Envies? Those rims were weaksauce.

Overall though, and I am not a Gyro fanboy, I'd have to say MVP/Axiom are the most durable discs currently being run...sometimes to their determent. Very hard to beat them in!

I will say again that I am very interest in Lat64's take on the overmold and how they will fly!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Worst that Ive ever personally seen was a big gash out of one of my early Volt rims from a hitting a dense tree in Korea. It did make the disc more understable but I think it actually made it fly better. Ive seen a few on Facebook that were worse. And who could forget that first run of Envies? Those rims were weaksauce.

Overall though, and I am not a Gyro fanboy, I'd have to say MVP/Axiom are the most durable discs currently being run...sometimes to their determent. Very hard to beat them in!

I will say again that I am very interest in Lat64's take on the overmold and how they will fly!
Are you sure your Volts rim gash didn't come from a bullet fired from N Korea assuming you were in S Korea��
Old 03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts

How strange a thread about Lat 64 became a thread about MVP....

I AM surprised.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Curious about how something like this would happen. But then, seeing pictures of discs with thorns through them is always amazing to me. I am guessing the disc in the picture got cut somehow, because that is entirely too straight for too long a length for a break. Also does not look like the cut went through the overmold.
One of my Opto Seers has a small thorn embedded in it. Im not sure how it happened either, but that's how I tell my two 175g pink opto seers apart. The one with the thorn was fadeless out of the box. The other one will come back if you let it. The thorn did not change the stability ftr.

That Motion looks like it was run over.. and then sliced with a box cutter. I almost never do that with my discs during a round, so I think I'd be OK with MVP durability.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Every single time i play i get questions about my MVP discs. Even an older couple was on a walking path of DGC mentioned never seeing those kind of "high tech" looking discs. The bros im sure would have been proud of that one being disc nerds.

Gateway just seems to recycle same old ideas/molds so really curious what lat. Can/will do.
Wow, people must be discerning in your area. Most non-disc golf folks I talk to never saw a non-Frisbee disc before. I think anybody who thinks "Frisbee" would be impressed by a modern disc golf driver in shiny plastic.