Old 03-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 217 Times in 142 Posts

Depends on the area. The Walmart in Central, SC does but the ones in Aiken, SC, don't so I'd guess it's a regional thing (the Central Walmart is probably less than 5 minutes from the Central disc golf course)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,498 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
Anything decent at the Acworth store or just the usual DX Rocs & Aviars and racks full of champ Grooves and Vulcans?
I have occasionally found a cool thing or two in there, but it's mainly Dx Leo's, Polecats, Beasts, Teebirds, Cobras and Aviars. My kid loves Polecats so I grab the sub 160!ones she likes there. Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, and recently Thunderbirds. Usually some RPro Darts and Rocs.

I've nabbed some sweet star discs there about once per shipment mislabeled as pro drivers.

They only refresh about twice per year though.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 882 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I have occasionally found a cool thing or two in there, but it's mainly Dx Leo's, Polecats, Beasts, Teebirds, Cobras and Aviars. My kid loves Polecats so I grab the sub 160!ones she likes there. Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, and recently Thunderbirds. Usually some RPro Darts and Rocs.

I've nabbed some sweet star discs there about once per shipment mislabeled as pro drivers.

They only refresh about twice per year though.
Oh wow I'll definitely check them out, thanks.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 137 Times in 67 Posts

Some of the Walmarts in the Chicago area carry Innova. Pro mostly for drivers, R-Pro for Rocs, Darts and maybe a few others, and DX for everything. They usually have a decent selection of both molds and weights to choose from. The Pro Destroyer is the preferred model for the suburban one disc chucker bro.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 10
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts

I've never seen discs in a Walmart. Heck, we have Dicks Sporting goods stores that don't carry discs. Strangely the 2 local PIAS are fairly well stocked.

I'm in southeastern VA.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 49 Times in 18 Posts

My Wal-Mart in AZ does. It's some brand I never heard of.

Was trying to get a buddy into disc golf so he got the Wal-Mart kit, $10 for a putter/mid/driver.

He played a few times and although I don't expect anything out of a beginner, he seemed to struggle more than most

Eventually he said he would not be playing any more and gave me the discs. I brought them to the field with me out of curiosity one day

My god I don't see how they can call these golf discs in good faith. I've never thrown rollers before but these would all turn over and roll no matter how I threw them

Really upset me because the discs turned my buddy off from the game. If I had known how bad they were I would have given him some of mine but now he's too put off to try again and who knows how many others have assumed the game wasnt for them because of these crappy discs

I love the idea of exposure at Wal-Mart, but not at this cost
Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 11
Niced 26 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabMakio View Post
My Wal-Mart in AZ does. It's some brand I never heard of.

Was trying to get a buddy into disc golf so he got the Wal-Mart kit, $10 for a putter/mid/driver.

He played a few times and although I don't expect anything out of a beginner, he seemed to struggle more than most

Eventually he said he would not be playing any more and gave me the discs. I brought them to the field with me out of curiosity one day

My god I don't see how they can call these golf discs in good faith. I've never thrown rollers before but these would all turn over and roll no matter how I threw them

Really upset me because the discs turned my buddy off from the game. If I had known how bad they were I would have given him some of mine but now he's too put off to try again and who knows how many others have assumed the game wasnt for them because of these crappy discs

I love the idea of exposure at Wal-Mart, but not at this cost
I guess this guy was not your friend.

Friends don't let friends start disc golfing with no-name Wal-Mart discs...

The two stores in my town do not sell discs and I'm glad as I am the only retailer of discs locally.

Last edited by discguy42; 03-28-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 49 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
I guess this guy was not your friend.

Friends don't let friends start disc golfing with no-name Wal-Mart discs...

The two stores in my town do not sell discs and I'm glad as I am the only retailer of discs locally.
To be fair I had only been playing for a few months when he bought them

I knew they must be low quality because of the price but figured that surely they were at least throw-able and I wasn't experienced enough to determine if it was his form or the plastic, I was just barely getting past the noob-hyzer phase myself when he bought them, by the time I finally threw it, it was too late

I agree though that Wal-Mart is harming the sport by offering a knock-off product but I'm sure they don't care as long as people who don't know any better buy
Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 9
Niced 96 Times in 63 Posts

Arkansas Wal-Marts do NOT carry golf discs.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 77 Times in 48 Posts

I've never seen discs at a Wal-Mart , either here in upper Michigan or north/central Georgia. Not that I've really looked... I did see some at a Meijer's once, and a Dunhams up here had a nice (and overpriced) Trilogy selection. Even had some Rangers.