Old 11-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Don't all discs have gyro? You know, just by way of basic physics....
What do logic and facts have to do with a discussion on a forum? They get in the way of interesting conversations.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Of course I have APX's in my bag because I'm dumb.
Not dumb at all. The (Jawbreaker) APX is an excellent mold.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:04 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,645 Times in 1,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not dumb at all. The (Jawbreaker) APX is an excellent mold.
It's a finesse disc, though. Sometimes you get a great shot, sometimes it flips and you get a not-so-great shot. It's user dependent, you can't screw up and have the disc bail you out. If I was a really consistent golfer it would be great, but I'm not that good.

Wizards used to bail me out, but my arm is torn up and the drop you get from a Wizard/Warlock was making them fly like a brick. The APX is easier to throw when you can't throw, you know? It seems to respond to low-power better than a Wizard. If I ever get any power back in my approach game, Imma gonna have some APX's to trade.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-16-2018, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,174 Times in 2,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Of course I have APX's in my bag because I'm old.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 727 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
What do logic and facts have to do with a discussion on a forum? They get in the way of interesting conversations.
Suppose I forgot about that......
Old 11-16-2018, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 727 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
I've said that a few times around here but it gets the MVPs butt hurt.
MVP is a fine company, but to act like you discovered some secret by adding weight to the edges (normal rim to flight plate ratio) is kind of a funny gimmick, even funnier people fell for it. IDK the only MVP/Axiom disc I own is a 150g. Tesla from the PDGA. And I'm not throwing that.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 101
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I currently throw three MVP molds: Inertia, Switch, Ion. They are great, dependable, durable discs, and they fly really nice for me. I don't care if it's gyro making them work. MVP can call it anything they want....I don't care. Great products coming out of that company while their marketing approach is just meh.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The comment about the Wizard flying like a brick is interesting. I have thrown Wizards for 15 years and I too think that it is not a great glider. However, its glide rating (on infinitediscs and dgputtheads) is 5, which is quite high for a putter. Its glide number is two higher than a Pure, which is the opposite of my experience. Isn't it odd for there to be such a big discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
The comment about the Wizard flying like a brick is interesting. I have thrown Wizards for 15 years and I too think that it is not a great glider. However, its glide rating (on infinitediscs and dgputtheads) is 5, which is quite high for a putter. Its glide number is two higher than a Pure, which is the opposite of my experience. Isn't it odd for there to be such a big discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
The flight numbers of all discs are general guidelines, and should not be taken too much as Gospel. Additionally, there's no standard between companies nor vendors as to these numbers. So the discrepancy isn't all that odd, and it's one reason we discuss discs here...

Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,645 Times in 1,316 Posts

I use the term "glide" because we all do but sometimes I don't really think I understand what it is. Actually most of the time I don't think I know what it is.

Like with the APX, that to me is glide. You throw it and it has this floaty somethingorrather thing it does where it goes a lot farther than other putters thrown the same way would. You can finesse it and get it to do some crazy stuff.

The Wizard goes a long freaking way, but it goes as far as you put power into it. You don't mess around and touch spin a Wizard and expect it to sail off with some crazy glide. If you don't throw it, it ain't going anywhere. If you do throw it, it goes far. That's not really what I would think glide is, but I don't really know what glide is. Other than a number on a stamp. The way I look at glide makes it a stable-to-understable quality, an overstable disc to me really doesn't have glide. They go far when you throw them hard.

However, there is something about a Wizard that makes it generally longer for me than a KC Pro Aviar. For me, it has more distance potential, so there is something about it that makes it go farther. So maybe it's glide, since I don't really know what glide is. Or not. I don't really know.

That makes the Wizard one of those discs where one guy will say it has glide and I'll agree with him because they are damn long and somebody else will say it doesn't have glide and I'll agree with them because you have to power the thing to get it to go. Figuring out who is actually right would be easier for me if I knew what glide was.