Old 12-02-2018, 02:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 931 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I picked up a new diamond. I just noticed it sparkled. My others do not. Is this new? Anyone throw it? I'm hoping it's meaty.
Honestly the diamond is the only Wizard I didnt really like. Its not OS per se, but it is slick to the point that I feel like its not going anywhere since it doesnt get the spin/snap to get moving. Tried to auction it, nobody wanted it at 4€. Its in the closet now.

Glows interest me too. If I ever come upon a stiff one that still has that great rubbery grip.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 113 Times in 72 Posts

My experience of glows start and stop at this rubbery S/SS-ish blend. As I said, really digging them for winter-putting. Might become throwers come spring.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 830 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Honestly the diamond is the only Wizard I didnt really like. Its not OS per se, but it is slick to the point that I feel like its not going anywhere since it doesnt get the spin/snap to get moving. Tried to auction it, nobody wanted it at 4€. Its in the closet now.

Glows interest me too. If I ever come upon a stiff one that still has that great rubbery grip.
I was mainly concerned about the sparkle/shimmer of my recent purchase. It's as if it has a very fine metal flake in the plastic unlike my others that are completely clear.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 727 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

These are what I accidentally stumbled upon yesterday. If I wasn't already on a specific mission I'd have grabbed a couple.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I think we've exchanged comments on this before but the Glows I like are stiff and grippy as you describe and my most overstable wizards. They are at least as overstable as the the couple of PWs I have and are great for throwing off of the tee. I have glows that are a bit floppy too but those I don't throw very far. I have trouble driving floppy putters.
I also have some glow$. Not sure what the $ means. I was told there was extra glow stuff in them but not sure that's true. If you don't want those stiff glows, I'll trade you my PWs for them, LOL.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Niced 234 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Honestly the diamond is the only Wizard I didnt really like. Its not OS per se.
Track yourself down one of the opaque diamond wizards, if you want to have the most overstable wizard. I've got a black and a blue that are almost like a zone in terms of stability. Even thrown with a fair bit of anhyzer, they still fight back and have a strong hyzer finish.

Now, in terms of the firm yet tacky glow wizards. If it's the run I'm thinking of, those were run probably 5 or so years ago...so coming across them can be difficult. The last one I came across was an old Johne Demon stamped one and boy do I miss it.

I'm super pumped for them to run the wizard in the new HD blend that they're using for the new Blade and Spear. That should make for a bad ass driving putter with a super flat top.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
Track yourself down one of the opaque diamond wizards, if you want to have the most overstable wizard. I've got a black and a blue that are almost like a zone in terms of stability. Even thrown with a fair bit of anhyzer, they still fight back and have a strong hyzer finish.

Now, in terms of the firm yet tacky glow wizards. If it's the run I'm thinking of, those were run probably 5 or so years ago...so coming across them can be difficult. The last one I came across was an old Johne Demon stamped one and boy do I miss it.

I'm super pumped for them to run the wizard in the new HD blend that they're using for the new Blade and Spear. That should make for a bad ass driving putter with a super flat top.
That sounds about right for the time frame on mine. I was hording them but now I'm down to my last one so your comment made me pucker a little. Now you've motivated me to take a drive to the gateway factory with my one remaining stiffie in hand to see if they can match it. If they have what I'm looking for, it's going to be an expensive trip.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 164 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
I didn’t even think about that, but that would be awesome. The Blade was a little too OS for my arm, but that HD plastic was great. They didn’t have Spears in HD plastic when I ordered one, but that would be great. I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for HD Wizards.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
I think we've exchanged comments on this before but the Glows I like are stiff and grippy as you describe and my most overstable wizards. They are at least as overstable as the the couple of PWs I have and are great for throwing off of the tee. I have glows that are a bit floppy too but those I don't throw very far. I have trouble driving floppy putters.
I also have some glow$. Not sure what the $ means. I was told there was extra glow stuff in them but not sure that's true. If you don't want those stiff glows, I'll trade you my PWs for them, LOL.
Just curious, do the Ions and Wizards not overlap? I noticed in your sig you carry both.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Just curious, do the Ions and Wizards not overlap? I noticed in your sig you carry both.
They are more or less interchangeable. The ion is beat in from five years of use and I use it as my main putter since it flies really straight now. I like to keep fresh Wizard for overstable upshot duties and drives off of the tee. The ion is just as good off of the tee but since its my main putter it stays within eyesight. I would be sad to lose it. Wizards come and go.