Old 12-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,262 Times in 630 Posts

How do we all feel about Atoms? I was groping an electron one today and it felt nice in my hand. Been thinking about experimenting with putters. I currently putt (and throw) Anodes, but am thinking about something lower profile. I'm assuming the flight is approximately the same? Can anybody compare? If I recall, these things get a lot of love on here.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,476 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
How do we all feel about Atoms? I was groping an electron one today and it felt nice in my hand. Been thinking about experimenting with putters. I currently putt (and throw) Anodes, but am thinking about something lower profile. I'm assuming the flight is approximately the same? Can anybody compare? If I recall, these things get a lot of love on here.
I putted with them for about a year and liked them well enough. I ultimately decided I didn't like electron plastic much.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:11 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,497 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
They go far as hell for a putter, and can putt well if you use a spin or hybrid putt. Pure push putters would possibly not like the fade.

I like them a lot but have beef using a less stable putting putter recently.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,691 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
atom is

electron plastic is

Niced: (1)
Old 12-15-2019, 11:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Electron is heck of a lot better than DX or D plastic.

The Cosmic Electrons seems to fly a bit more stable than regular Electron.

The new Firm Cosmic Electon Atom was getting double duty of a thrower and a putter for me today. I was off with my Tui for some reason

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 12-15-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,476 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Electron is heck of a lot better than DX or D plastic.
Not really but they price it like it is.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

What would you guys pair it with for a slightly more stable thrower? I currently go with an firm electron Anode for putting and throw a soft proton Anode. I pair that with an Ion and a particle. I'd likely keep the particle as a most os putter, but would like to slot something in the middle with a hand feel that's in the ballpark of similar

Was also thinking about trying a proxy envy combo.

Basically thinking about getting away from the deeper putters and seeing how that goes. I love the feel of my particle,and I really liked how that Atom felt in my hand.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,323 Times in 876 Posts

Well I never got big into the Atom, sample size of 2.5, I have two HOC neutrons, only one I've thrown and a soft electron I gave away. If you had a neutron and a soft electron one they are pretty different. The soft electron in my limited experience was getting to Proxy stability out of the box and the Neutron was like a straighter Envy, less fade and workable tight S shots that were essentially straight.

I auditioned the Atom, Envy, Proxy and Anode for a month to see which putter to commit to for life. Haha. It was close with the Neutron Atom it could have kicked the plasma Envy.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

I balled out so hard yesterday with MVP, AXIOM , Streamline that my buddy who has resisted for YEARS just bought a neutron Atom - because I always say "That ATOM brooo"

Got a hole in 1 with the Neutron Trace - underrated disc. 11/5/-1/2 such a great flight - also parked another hole with it. 2 throws led to -3 on the card
Also got MEGA D with the Delirium and parked a super hard hole. It was a solid day of Golf up north here.

cant wait for more streamline discs

Old 12-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I balled out so hard yesterday with MVP, AXIOM , Streamline that my buddy who has resisted for YEARS just bought a neutron Atom - because I always say "That ATOM brooo"

Got a hole in 1 with the Neutron Trace - underrated disc. 11/5/-1/2 such a great flight - also parked another hole with it. 2 throws led to -3 on the card
Also got MEGA D with the Delirium and parked a super hard hole. It was a solid day of Golf up north here.

cant wait for more streamline discs
Nicely done! Unfortunately, I hate playing in the snow, so my DG adventures will wait till the snow goes away. In Wisconsin, who knows when that'll be lol