Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 184 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Just like those Harps and Anvils, right?
Sorry, ill also add: Taco'ed to all hell. looks like my dog ate it then left it in the yard. How can you even argue that these plastics do not beat up quicker?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 94 Times in 60 Posts

So after a little time with the Tactic I am pretty sure the not so swirly MD5 will be holding down this spot in the bag. Personally I like the tactic for short backhand hyzers but that is about it. I have struggled to find a reliable way to throw the tactic forehand which is 75% of the reason I want a disc of this manner. The not so swirly held it down yesterday during my first tournament of the year and got me a couple birdies on forehands...hard to argue with results.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Years Playing: 0.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts

Did a review of the Exo plastic Tactic's. Both of them made it to my bag. Its quite a harp/zone hybrid. Not quite as shallow as a Zone, but kos as deep as the Harp imo. Feel free to give some feedback!

https://youtu.be/2rYa4uN45vU
Old 04-15-2020, 07:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 80 Times in 53 Posts

Well the stock Tactic dropped yesterday. Who all managed to grab one?
Old 04-15-2020, 09:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
Well the stock Tactic dropped yesterday. Who all managed to grab one?
I grabbed a few from OTB. I'm excited to test them out but I really don't think they can kick the pig out of the bag. I've already racked up an ace and 2 throw ins this year with the fresh piggy. 2 pigs in the bag now and they are just greedy little bucket hunters.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 360 Times in 209 Posts

I have one of the Tactics from black boxes that came out around Christmas time. In that slick plastic.

If you’re a sponsored Discmania player it will probably be a nice addition to your bag. If you aren’t sponsored I’d still prefer a Zone or a Pig or a Harp.

Just my opinion.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 19 Times in 6 Posts

I received my Tactics today and compared them to my Harps and other Trilogy putter plastics. I would definitely say that EXO Hard is very similar to my BT Hard Harp and Dynamic Classic plastic in my Guards. The EXO Soft plastic is most similar to my Classic Blend Guards, it is definitely stiffer than my BT Soft Harps, but I do not have a BT Medium Harp to compare it to. There may be some slight differences in firmness of the plastics compared to the standard Trilogy plastics, but comparing them to my current stash I would say Hard = DD Classic, and Soft = DD Classic Blend.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
I grabbed a few from OTB. I'm excited to test them out but I really don't think they can kick the pig out of the bag. I've already racked up an ace and 2 throw ins this year with the fresh piggy. 2 pigs in the bag now and they are just greedy little bucket hunters.
Played an interesting round at a short open course. Self doubles with CTP winning the hole, no putts. only ran with 3 drivers and the rest were mids, putters, and approach discs.

Got quite a few throws in with the tactic. The Soft and Hard fly exactly the same at all stages of power, both FH and BH. Skip isn't really a factor on either of them, they like to sit down quick.

The Eagle Claw is a little more dumpy but the Exo are just as HSS, no turn, and a distinct lack of glide. I like throwing the Exo ones quite a bit more. The extra grip just gives me way more confidence and they are just as OS and dependable.

I also threw the 1.4 recon mortar, the 1.3 Frontline X mortar, and the 1.5 swirly Frontline Mortar. These are longer, and faster, stability about the same I'd say. Much easier to get them further left/right on line, the extra speed and a touch more glide help a lot. The tactic wants to get down quicker and as a result doesn't fade as far off the line you throw them on.

Lastly I threw 2 pigs, my beat up factory stiff pro and my Ricky tour series pro. The beat up one is really a touch disc now, it can't handle the full power forehands but I'm so dialed in with this disc, if I'm inside 150 feet I have absolute confidence from a standstill throwing this disc. I throw thumbers and pancakes with it to, it's so versatile. the Ricky pig is new and beefy, similar to the tactic in a lot of ways but much slower. They go about the same distance for me but the pig is in the air longer and that extra time gives me more room to work lines with finesse compared to the tactic.

The tactic goes where you throw it, flies dead straight, and it laughs at wind. Very accurate. Feels good both FH and BH. The main issue I have with it is that it's too straight. If you need to really sweep something left/right you going to need the height to throw a spike hyzer. It won't get 40 feet off center and then skip another 20-30 feet. It can't replace the mortar (or gator, MD5, etc) for this shot.

In the same vein, it doesn't really flex out much. Thrown hard and on anhyzer it holds the line for some time and then pans to flat and sits. It's really consistent which is great but it isn't going to work on a big flex S flight line (the Razer Claw is better at these). I do like throwing it BH more than a pig for approaches, but I'm so dialed in at the same distance with P2(s), which are also more versatile.

I think I'll stick to my pigs for FH approaches, short tee shots, and trick FH escapes. The P2 will stay in for BH short drives requiring speed control and BH approaches. The mortar is already course/wind dependent for me, only making the bag when needed but covers different shots than the Tactic so it will stay that way.

The tactic is a great addition to the lineup. I like the base plastic a LOT. Super grippy and a tad chalky. To summarize: a solid driving hybrid and approach disc albeit a bit of a one-trick pony.

The tactic won't make the main bag anytime soon. I'll keep messing with it for fun and I think if I start to struggle with BH drives with the P2 the Tactic will come out of the trunk and find the bag for the upcoming rounds. And probably be swapped back when my form fixes the issue.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:18 AM

Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts

I have been using the Exo Soft Tactic and I agree that it is less LSS than the Razor Claw, but they have great HSS, can handle a forehand easily, and do not glide or hyzer out but rather just fall and I mean fall with a little fade.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowneagle View Post
I have been using the Exo Soft Tactic and I agree that it is less LSS than the Razor Claw, but they have great HSS, can handle a forehand easily, and do not glide or hyzer out but rather just fall and I mean fall with a little fade.
Yeah it's sort of a strange disc. I've never thought to myself, gee I want to throw this real hard but have it go dead straight (I mean it's still a slower disc, you won't be throwing it over 300 feet). I just feel like it's got no touch. The speed and lack of glide make it something you need to throw harder than you want to on shorter approaches. <150 feet feels especially weird.

Now in the stiff wind it might be real special. I'll need a better (or maybe worse) day to test that. I could see it as a P2 replacement in strong wind. Not for putting, just throwing.