Old 05-29-2020, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 598 Times in 311 Posts

Im glad disc golf is coming back. Im getting a little tired of brodies and the foundation guys vids.

I understand he is trying to put out content, but im gonna avoid his vids until he gets back to a tournament.

Hopefully all this practice pays off for him!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 479 Times in 252 Posts

Yeah, I'm really missing tournament dg content on youtube. Some NTs and DGPTs
Old 05-30-2020, 02:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,525 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Im glad disc golf is coming back. Im getting a little tired of brodies and the foundation guys vids.

I understand he is trying to put out content, but im gonna avoid his vids until he gets back to a tournament.

Hopefully all this practice pays off for him!
Agreed. That kind of stuff is great in the off-season but it's time for some real disc golf imo. Do we what events he's playing yet?
Old 05-30-2020, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 335
Niced 618 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Popcorn emoji
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
Make sure y'all social distance now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
This should be interesting 🍿

okay, raise your hand if you're surprised that a guy who calls himself Bigtex came out talking all kinds of $hit and then totally bailed out.

anyway, it was a beautiful day and i got in two rounds at Lake Park. lots of pedestrians out, tons of discers out, and there was a mini finishing up when i got there.

CTP on hole 1 for a disc giveaway at the mini so about 40-50 people were in a giant crowd right behind the teebox taking turns throwing. texans DGAF

Niced: (3)
Old 05-30-2020, 08:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,525 Times in 727 Posts

Well that's a shocker 😉
Old 05-30-2020, 08:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 17
Niced 250 Times in 127 Posts

Good stuff in the last page or two lol.

The person claiming that difficult things are actually easy is usually putting himself in a tough spot no matter the subject. There's the occasional Tristan Tanner in the rough who maybe didn't realize he was actually superhuman, but the vast majority of these people fall into one of two buckets: the guy who can't back it up/isn't as good as he thinks, or the guy who really is good, but is a natural-born loser who can't translate his talent into success, so he picks on the people who aren't as talented.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-31-2020, 02:40 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
okay, raise your hand if you're surprised that a guy who calls himself Bigtex came out talking all kinds of $hit and then totally bailed out.

anyway, it was a beautiful day and i got in two rounds at Lake Park. lots of pedestrians out, tons of discers out, and there was a mini finishing up when i got there.

CTP on hole 1 for a disc giveaway at the mini so about 40-50 people were in a giant crowd right behind the teebox taking turns throwing. texans DGAF
You could nonchalantly throw from the tournament teebox or the actual teebox. Act like you're part of the ctp and just walk up and tap your throw in... Not serious..

I've given up going there on weekends for similar reasons. Getting to hole 7 and having to move to 8 due to the large number of people there is a bit discouraging. Then there's always a trail of folks going in front of the fairway on hole 6 who have zero idea that discs cross the same line they're walking on. Great course. My home course. Some days the back nine will do.

Sorry for off topic. Good to see locals on here.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2020, 04:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:

lol.. I thought maybe it was a local pro who didn't want his name public, or perhaps it was a non pdga member who sandbags the local tournaments. (We have quite a few am "pros" in the DFW area. lol..)

But sure there ARE plenty of birdie ops at Old Man. Hell..I can birdie several holes, not consistently in one round....lol.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 335
Niced 618 Times in 298 Posts

full disclosure, i'm not a part of the tourney scene but... i feel like we're a big enough scene that we don't really have local pros. i know that might sound weird but there are enough Open players around that the idea seems to get irrelevant, even spread across 70+ courses in greater DFW. i'm also running off my best understanding of the term "local pro" as the clearly most-skilled player, ambassador for the sport, and go-to source for info/advice in a given region. maybe that's a bit off? is there a meaningful distinction between local pro and course pro?

not to diminish our pros, of course we do have Emerson Keith but there's also Nolan Grider (1013), Luke Humphries (1011), and a handful of other guys right around or just under 1000.

anyway, i don't know why any pro would pass on the opportunity to get some air-time. honestly, the holes we were talking about are not tough for a 1000 rated player, or even 970. wooded tunnels at 222', 287', 228 with fairly low ceilings. the first two are FH and the third is more of a turnover BH. the toughest thing for an open player on these holes are some flukey trees.

i was expecting an overconfident AM2 player with some FH distance and a chip on his shoulder. not sure which is funnier: seeing him chopping down trees or him not showing up.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,230 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
i was expecting an overconfident AM2 player with some FH distance and a chip on his shoulder. not sure which is funnier: seeing him chopping down trees or him not showing up.
Or not chiming in since his no show. Maybe his mom grounded him or something and he couldn't get out for the weekend..... computer rights clearly revoked too.