#81  
Old 06-25-2020, 10:59 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is online now
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,922
Niced 1,150 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Yup, just saw that deal with them, Jomez, and CBS Sports. We'll see how it goes but gotta give them credit for that.
I feel it will be on the CBS Sports app, the one you have to pay for each month and not much will look different from now online YouTube with Jomez. I could be wrong and it actually ends up on CBS Sports extra channel.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-26-2020, 09:48 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,197
Niced 936 Times in 631 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Imagine someone new to disc golf. How do you explain to them how to tell if a DD disc is a putter, midrange, driver. They have to look it up on a chart or list. How can they tell which is more stable between a Judge and a Warden? They have to look it up.

Now look at how the Discmania system is consistent and tells you not only what class of disc it is, but also the relative stability.

Which is more stable, P1 or P2? Oh, the bigger number. That makes sense. Now I know that a P3 is a more stable disc than the ones with smaller numbers. Oh, and since it is a "P" then I also know it is a putter without having to look it up.

If a P5 is ever released, you already know it is 1) a putter and 2) higher in stability.

If DD releases a new disc and tells you the name, you have no idea what kind of disc it is or how stable it is.

Edit: All bets are off for the special signature editions. But then again it is the same with DD.
But then they jump speeds, so it becomes more confusing. I hate it. I try to use the names like jackal or whatever instead.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Rumpled Rumpled is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Niced 70 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
found the team trilogy apologist
Your complaints are sweeping generalizations and your response to my post an ad hominem attack; both are logical fallacies.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:24 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 632
Posts: 9,527
Niced 2,692 Times in 1,516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpled View Post
Your complaints are sweeping generalizations and your response to my post an ad hominem attack; both are logical fallacies.
glad to see youre finally getting use out of your philosophy degree

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:36 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,087
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
glad to see youre finally getting use out of your philosophy degree

Quit giving philosophy a bad name...

Rhetoric degree

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:36 AM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,754
Niced 1,262 Times in 630 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Imagine someone new to disc golf. How do you explain to them how to tell if a DD disc is a putter, midrange, driver. They have to look it up on a chart or list. How can they tell which is more stable between a Judge and a Warden? They have to look it up.

Now look at how the Discmania system is consistent and tells you not only what class of disc it is, but also the relative stability.

Which is more stable, P1 or P2? Oh, the bigger number. That makes sense. Now I know that a P3 is a more stable disc than the ones with smaller numbers. Oh, and since it is a "P" then I also know it is a putter without having to look it up.

If a P5 is ever released, you already know it is 1) a putter and 2) higher in stability.

If DD releases a new disc and tells you the name, you have no idea what kind of disc it is or how stable it is.

Edit: All bets are off for the special signature editions. But then again it is the same with DD.
What happens if Discmania produces a putter with a stability between the P1 and P2? It ends up with a dumb name that doesn't fit the convention. You're seeing it now with prodigies drivers I think. It's great in theory, but breaks down fast.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 632
Posts: 9,527
Niced 2,692 Times in 1,516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post

Quit giving philosophy a bad name...

Rhetoric degree
youre right

its probably more accurate to say rumble did internet research and spent plenty of time on wikipedia

theyre almost the same anyways arent they
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:51 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,087
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
youre right

its probably more accurate to say rumble did internet research and spent plenty of time on wikipedia

theyre almost the same anyways arent they
Currently, yeah, about the same... except internet research is probably better than most degrees now

Rhetoric has been dumbed down to what children learned in classical education and philosophy has turned into sociology.


Last edited by wolfmandragon; 06-26-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:54 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 632
Posts: 9,527
Niced 2,692 Times in 1,516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Currently, yeah, about the same... except internet research is probably better than most degrees now
it really regurgitates most textbooks anyways

and most websites just steal articles from each other

its kinda funny and text books cost $100 a pop

incredible business strategy really

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 AM
Rumpled Rumpled is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Niced 70 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post

Quit giving philosophy a bad name...

Rhetoric degree
"Juvenile and cliquish".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Discs: Discraft, Innova, Axiom, Prodigy, MVP, Dynamic Discs deyo7 The Marketplace 2 06-24-2020 12:24 AM
Is ABC Discs still in business? Mulligan McGee Discs 3 06-06-2019 01:48 PM
Which online business do you like to buy discs from? SD86 Discs 36 10-14-2016 01:29 PM
Business selling lost discs. b-ry General Disc Golf Chat 66 08-16-2016 11:56 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.