Old 05-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 184 Times in 81 Posts

swirly star with jackal stamps are actually quite beefy. I can hardly turn mine.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 08:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,495 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkles View Post
Update?
Been bagging a swirly for a couple months and I'll say they are a tick and a half less stable than a 2nd run. I have a couple dozen FDs and they are the most HSS outside of 2nd runs. Pretty happy with my fairway lineup of the new C-FD2, swirly FD and a seasoned S-FD. Swirly holds up great for FH.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 56 Times in 32 Posts

I've been loving my NS2 FD (the first FD I bought) but lately I've found myself wishing for something to fill the slot between a beat up DX teebird and the NS2. Our local shop has some luster C-line FD's with mini bar stamp as well as G and S lines with their stamp on them.

Would any of those 3 be a good fit between the beat teebird and NS2?

For reference I'm throwing the teebird/NS2 around 300-340' the teebird needs a fair bit of room to work left then back to a few feet left of center (LHBH) while the NS2 goes straight then hyzers very reliably to the right. I guess the shot I'm imagining is if I had more power and could flip the NS2 up or get a bit of turn out of it before it fades.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 184 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
I've been loving my NS2 FD (the first FD I bought) but lately I've found myself wishing for something to fill the slot between a beat up DX teebird and the NS2. Our local shop has some luster C-line FD's with mini bar stamp as well as G and S lines with their stamp on them.

For reference I'm throwing the teebird/NS2 around 300-340' the teebird needs a fair bit of room to work left then back to a few feet left of center (LHBH) while the NS2 goes straight then hyzers very reliably to the right. I guess the shot I'm imagining is if I had more power and could flip the NS2 up or get a bit of turn out of it before it fades.
Probably a non swirly S line or an older C line.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 55 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:

Luster isn't a bad option especially if you get one in the 167-169 weight range.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 81 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:

Luster's are a flippier run and are probably exactly what you're looking for.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 56 Times in 32 Posts

Thank you for the recommendation, I've been loving the Luster FD, it's become the go to fairway in my bag and probably the most used disc off the tee the last 2 months.

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm using the luster so much and getting used to the lower fade that has or what, but I could almost swear my NS2 is getting more stable as it breaks in. It's not really thunderbird stable. But you could make the argument for baby thunderbird I think.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Anyone notice the recent runs of S-line are higher PLH and more overstable than older jackal-stamp runs? I have a couple swirly S-lines, which were advertised as more overstable, but also a few of the most recent non-swirly run. Closer to a Teebird than my older S-lines have been.

I'm down to 1 of the older S-lines, I think I'm going to have to find an alternate disc at this point for the stable to slightly understable slot. Frustrating because I have been really relying on the FD as a workhorse. I was so excited when I saw they were back in stock too...
Old 09-28-2020, 01:34 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 96 Times in 58 Posts

Most fd fans are hoping for more OS runs IMO

Old 09-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 28 Times in 16 Posts

I have plenty of options for overstable and even straight with late fade/dump.

FD had the spot with a bit of turn plus very little fade with long glide for straight long tunnel shots....now I may have to look at TL3 for this...

Niced: (1)