Old 08-16-2020, 08:33 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 164 Times in 94 Posts

Fission Wave = domey early run Fission Photons after one round. Don't get me wrong, I love that disc and that is why I kicked the Wave out of the bag. Nice to be able to get a stock run of these since the newer Fission Photons need some breaking in before they start getting good turn or hyzer-flip qualities. Now I wish there was a Fission Octane or Nitro.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2020, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,727 Times in 2,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
I did get to throw a Fission Wave but circumstances complicated things.

First of all, my friend didn’t receive all the Waves he ordered. I think the demand was way too high for them to fill everything people asked for. On top of that, the wide open ball golf course that I was going to play was closed because of rain. We played a wooded course instead and it only had 1 hole that needed a distance driver. The hole shape set up better for a Trace than a wave. It was a 460’ hole that prefers a hyzer from release to finish. Any turn in the flight has to contend with trees.

So i only got to throw one Fission Wave one time. I liked the shape of the disc, it was close to my preferred Waves. It was also about 10g lighter than I prefer but only 3g lighter than my lightest.

It flipped HARD when I threw it with 400’ of power. Like I said, I only got to throw once but I’m pretty sure that my throwing mechanics were all correct. Just before I threw the fission, I threw one of my other waves and it flew exactly how I expected. Minimal flip and went roughly 400’ ish.

I’m looking forward to throwing more but a little nervous based on my sample size of one throw.
That's actually kinda what I was hoping for. I can't really throw semi-OS discs for distance anymore. I'm gonna have to retool my distance game once I start playing again from a flex shot to hyzer flipping with light flippy discs. My shoulder just can't take the torque.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-16-2020, 07:27 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,309 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Anybody gotten their hands on the Fission Waves yet?...

Wow, I don't even throw discs anymore, but I might have to buy a Fission Wave. Sounds like something a very rusty arm could use once I finally get back to the course.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,502 Times in 958 Posts

I played with a couple groups of randos today and almost all of them bagged a bunch of MVP. It was cool to see in the wild.

Servo, Atoms, Anodes and Volts were very common.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 175
Niced 2,610 Times in 1,206 Posts

My doubles partner today had a very MVP bag. He's newer to the game and was throwing a N Tesla and a P Atom a ton.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-17-2020, 07:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,402 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I played with a couple groups of randos today and almost all of them bagged a bunch of MVP. It was cool to see in the wild.

Servo, Atoms, Anodes and Volts were very common.
I feel like the Atom is the quiet putter for the brand.
Lots of people use it but aren't as outspoken as the Pilot/Envy/Ohm/Proxy people.

Personally, I think its a great mold. After using it a bit this weekend, the Atom let me know that it deserves a larger role in the bag.

Old 08-17-2020, 10:05 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 164 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Lots of people use it but aren't as outspoken as the Pilot/Envy/Ohm/Proxy people.

Personally, I think its a great mold. After using it a bit this weekend, the Atom let me know that it deserves a larger role in the bag.
I hear you on the Atom. The issue is that Atom/Envy/Proxy are so darn close in terms of usage. Since they all share the same core, the most distinguishing flights are when they are new. In the circle, I think it comes to preference. Off the tee, the Atom seems to have slight more glide, but in the end, the Envy and Proxy are extremely close. I think it comes down to MVP all black rim versus Axion colored rim. For me, the earlier issues I had with the Atom was the quality of the Electron plastic. I am curious how the Atoms will fly with the newer Proxy Electron plastic.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
I am curious how the Atoms will fly with the newer Proxy Electron plastic.
Excellent.
That's what I used in my round on Saturday. I have both Cosmic E firm and soft. Either is laser straight with absolutely minimal fade. I had several controlled laser beam shots that landed at 300'... and I didn't even feel like I was trying to throw them 300'.

It's a fun mold for sure... at least in the Cosmic Electron I have; now I really want to try the other plastics.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,297 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:

I feel this way about the Anode too. I've never seen one suggested for anything by anyone (other than myself). I putt them and also throw them off the tee. I was excited when I seen Sias was putting them, made me feel less alone in the world lol

Old 08-17-2020, 07:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I feel this way about the Anode too. I've never seen one suggested for anything by anyone (other than myself). I putt them and also throw them off the tee. I was excited when I seen Sias was putting them, made me feel less alone in the world lol
Castro too.
Anode was my first favorite Gyro putter because se it was similar to an Aviar PandA

Niced: (1)