Old 08-30-2020, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 482 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
I agree with you. I have a Vulture and like it. The lip at the bottom bothered me a little bit and took me some time to get used to it. I am not bothered as much by it now.

The dilemma I have currently have is whether I want to go back to the Eagle since I have thrown it for years or do I want to throw the Vulture. I think the Vulture has given me better distance over the Eagle (EX mold).

While the Eagle can go far, I feel like it takes more power and more height to get there. The Eagle is a great and versatile mold that can cover different lines through different stages of wear. While I have thrown the Eagle on lower lines, it's not the easiest thing to do, especially if it is on a longer hole.

I think the Vulture maybe better suited for what I want even if loses some of the versatility to the Eagle (not by much, perhaps).

Sorry for the rant, but I am wondering if anyone else has had experience bewteen the Eagle and Vulture and can give me their thoughts between the two.
Why not bag both?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47
Niced 128 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Why not bag both?
There is enough similarity between the both that it would create overlap. That and I prefer to limit the molds I carry.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Eagle Member

I was able to go and throw my Eagles (seasoned Star and newish DX) vs my slightly used Vulture (Ti) the other day. I've thrown my Vulture before but the more I threw it this time, the more I was impressed with it.

1. It was longer and as versatile as the EX while having a predictable finish at the end. Some of my EX throws turned and didn't fade out like I wanted. Granted, a newer EX will fade out but it won't have the same distance like the Vulture.

2. One of the key differences between the two is that the EX is more dumpy in it's fade while the Vulture penetrates more forward while it fades. I've liken the Ti Vulture to a slighter shorter P-PD before and I still hold to that.

3. It is controllable without being to power hungry.

4. The feel of the Vulture's bottom lip doesn't bother me like it used to. I found it easier to adjust to because the rim is not as wide as something like the Thunderbird (which felt weird in my hand and found hard to adjust to even though I use to throw PDs). Between the Eagle and Vulture in the hand, the rim width is not noticeable even though the Vulture has a slightly bigger rim.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 314 Times in 180 Posts

The Vulture’s rim width measures a little closer to a Thunderbird or PD than an Eagle or Teebird, FWIW.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:03 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
The Vulture’s rim width measures a little closer to a Thunderbird or PD than an Eagle or Teebird, FWIW.
It is in between those widths. EX is like 1.75, Vulture is 1.85, and Thunderbird/PD is 1.95.

I honestly think the Vulture is the best of both worlds, after comparing it to the EX and other speed 9 discs. It takes less power for me to throw the way I want it while staying predictable, compared to other speed 9 discs. A the same time, it goes further than speed 7 discs.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2020, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 314 Times in 180 Posts

Have you measured them? Comes out .750” for a PD/Thunderbird/Firebird on my calipers, .735” for a Vulture/Predator, and I believe a Teebird/Eagle is either .700” or .710”, but it’s been so long since I measured that I can’t remember for sure.

Either way, the Vulture/Pred are just a hair closer to a Thunderbird than an Eagle.

But yes, I agree- I also got a great flight out of the Vulture that was milder than a Thunderbird but longer than a Teebird. Your P-PD comparison seems like a really good one.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-24-2020, 10:54 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Have you measured them? Comes out .750” for a PD/Thunderbird/Firebird on my calipers, .735” for a Vulture/Predator, and I believe a Teebird/Eagle is either .700” or .710”, but it’s been so long since I measured that I can’t remember for sure.

Either way, the Vulture/Pred are just a hair closer to a Thunderbird than an Eagle.

But yes, I agree- I also got a great flight out of the Vulture that was milder than a Thunderbird but longer than a Teebird. Your P-PD comparison seems like a really good one.
Honestly, I got the measurements from your post #154. lol I was recalling the measurements from memory in my previous post. Looking back I see that I was off comparing the Thunderbird and Vulture measurements. Somehow I was thinking all three were separated by .10 cm. But yeah, you're right, the Vulture is closer to the Thunderbird.

For reference, here's your older post:

Pretty sure I've posted this before, but mine is .73"- 1.85 cm. Undertaker is right at or just over .7", which is 1.78 cm. Champ Eagle is right at or just over .69", which is 1.75 cm and Star Thunderbird is .75", or 1.905 cm, for reference.

Strangely enough, the Vulture feels closer to the EX (at least for me) than it does the Thunderbird.