#2411  
Old 09-08-2020, 07:49 AM
jongoff09's Avatar
jongoff09 jongoff09 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Arkansas
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,880
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Does the Spin come in Soft Proton, or even better Eclipse Soft? I currently putt with an Eclipse Soft Anode, but would like something that feels similar in the hand, but holds its line longer on outside the circle putts. The Anode just fades earlier than I would like on those putts. Thought I would give the Spin a try after reading about it.

I can find Medium Spins online, but I haven't found Soft anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2412  
Old 09-08-2020, 08:27 AM
funguy funguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 370
Niced 164 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
Does the Spin come in Soft Proton, or even better Eclipse Soft? I currently putt with an Eclipse Soft Anode, but would like something that feels similar in the hand, but holds its line longer on outside the circle putts. The Anode just fades earlier than I would like on those putts. Thought I would give the Spin a try after reading about it.

I can find Medium Spins online, but I haven't found Soft anywhere.
The Spin was never produced in Soft Proton. MVP last year announced it was discontinuing using Soft Proton. They also listed several molds and plastics they were going to stop producing. The Spin was also dropped being made in Proton. Here is a link to that announcement last year. https://mvpdiscsports.com/news/updat...-discs-lineup/
Reply With Quote
  #2413  
Old 09-08-2020, 09:13 AM
jongoff09's Avatar
jongoff09 jongoff09 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Arkansas
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,880
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
The Spin was never produced in Soft Proton. MVP last year announced it was discontinuing using Soft Proton. They also listed several molds and plastics they were going to stop producing. The Spin was also dropped being made in Proton. Here is a link to that announcement last year. https://mvpdiscsports.com/news/updat...-discs-lineup/
Sad day. I like the soft proton for its feel and grip, especially in the winter. I guess I will cling to what I have.


So is there any soft plastic now in their lineup for their putters? Admittedly, I have been out of the game for years and just catching up.
Reply With Quote
  #2414  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:45 AM
knocked100se's Avatar
knocked100se knocked100se is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: MI
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 12
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
Sad day. I like the soft proton for its feel and grip, especially in the winter. I guess I will cling to what I have.


So is there any soft plastic now in their lineup for their putters? Admittedly, I have been out of the game for years and just catching up.
They have soft electron, and they might still make some in soft neutron, but i'm not sure.
Very sad, my main putter is a soft proton Ion, I love that plastic. Great grip and super durable.
Reply With Quote
  #2415  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:48 AM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,798
Niced 1,313 Times in 652 Posts
Default

Regular E is pretty soft. I've never felt soft E though. I putt with newer regular E anodes and they are fairly soft and really grippy
Reply With Quote
  #2416  
Old 09-08-2020, 12:10 PM
funguy funguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 370
Niced 164 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
Sad day. I like the soft proton for its feel and grip, especially in the winter. I guess I will cling to what I have.


So is there any soft plastic now in their lineup for their putters? Admittedly, I have been out of the game for years and just catching up.
Soft Proton and Proton have been pretty inconsistent and I think that was the issue. As they grew, getting that consistency was the issue along with the fact that Soft Proton was pretty soft in terms of sales. I still have OG Proton Anodes that are labelled Proton and some are hard as glass and others are super soft. That being said, their new stock Proton is softer than normal Proton but not as soft as soft. I am not sure if they will release the Spin in anything other than Electron, perhaps Neutron or Plasma. If they do release it in Plasma that might be the one that you want for the softness. Besides the Reactor, I have been disappointed in their lack of a newer US putter or mid. Sure we still have the Spin, Theory, and Vertex out their, but there is no stock US putter or mid in premium plastic. I have some beat E. Matrix that fill that roll but I would like to have something in a premium plastic. I still bag a Theory but I never really gelled with that mold.
Reply With Quote
  #2417  
Old 09-08-2020, 01:57 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,798
Niced 1,313 Times in 652 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Besides the Reactor, I have been disappointed in their lack of a newer US putter or mid. Sure we still have the Spin, Theory, and Vertex out their, but there is no stock US putter or mid in premium plastic. I have some beat E. Matrix that fill that roll but I would like to have something in a premium plastic. I still bag a Theory but I never really gelled with that mold.
I agree. I'm in the process of beating in a circuit firm E anode for US duties, and have a worn circuit series plasma axis for an understable mid. I also bag a soft P anode, usually only use it for dead straight tunnel shots. I could go without it though, honestly.

Have been thinking about trying to beat an E matrix to an understable mid to pair with my proton matrix. Still might.. love the feel of electron plastic
Reply With Quote
  #2418  
Old 09-08-2020, 07:05 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,026
Niced 1,331 Times in 883 Posts
Default

The Spin is available in Neutron plastic.. Not the softest but durable.
Reply With Quote
  #2419  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:00 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,338
Niced 608 Times in 314 Posts
Default

What is up with this DFX site affiliated with MVP?

Im in a FB group and i keep seeing these dope azz discs with sick stamps. This is the first im aware of it
Reply With Quote
 

  #2420  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:12 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,026
Niced 1,331 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
What is up with this DFX site affiliated with MVP?

Im in a FB group and i keep seeing these dope azz discs with sick stamps. This is the first im aware of it
I think Marm-O-Set posted that somewhere, disc subscription service for sweet dyes, he did the first one. Looked good, I liked his basket basher one better though. Well that's what I tell myself I can't do a subscription in Canada.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.