Old 09-07-2020, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,539 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesethin View Post
Granted I'm doing this from the comfort of my own chair, without the pressures of being involved in the match myself, and three calls don't make a peer reviewed paper - but my point is that I believe it can be done.
Every elite pro bends/breaks the rules, they all know it. So why call someone out when they know they will retaliate against them at a time when they need to bend the rules. It's a scratch my back, scratch yours mentality. And unfortunately if they won't call it now, they sure as hell won't call it when some very serious money is on the line in the future.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 533
Niced 985 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Every elite pro bends/breaks the rules, they all know it. So why call someone out when they know they will retaliate against them at a time when they need to bend the rules. It's a scratch my back, scratch yours mentality. And unfortunately if they won't call it now, they sure as hell won't call it when some very serious money is on the line in the future.

There was some truth in this paragraph but unfortunately it was lost by using the word EVERY. Also, the back scratching among players often turns to back stabbing when there is Mo Money on the line!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 339 Times in 175 Posts

https://youtu.be/85b-P7lQDAg?t=1657

"that might have been a foot fault there..." paige says from the booth, as we can see paige in the background of the video not make a call. pretty clear foot fault, cat knew she missed her mark immediately.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 644 Times in 273 Posts

I may be opening myself for some flaming here, but I’m going to state an OPINION.
First, a fact:
The original rule was created to prevent running long jumps at the basket. Players were taking running long jumps toward the basket, leaping just behind their marker and putting at the basket just before they hit the ground. In this way, they could make up some distance.
Now, the opinion:
The rule, as it stands, prevents this tactic effectively. The jump putts and step putts that many players use don’t violate the original purpose of this rule, so the rule has not been changed. And, when violations get egregious, they are called.
Unless we begin to put officials on EVERY card, our present system will have to suffice.
Put it to bed guys. All this hand-wringing just strikes me as unhealthy and unproductive
It’s their money, their tournament, their call.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,039 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
https://youtu.be/85b-P7lQDAg?t=1657

"that might have been a foot fault there..." paige says from the booth, as we can see paige in the background of the video not make a call. pretty clear foot fault, cat knew she missed her mark immediately.
Cat makes that miss quite often..fot to far right and to far forward. . i saw it MANY times on the GK pro videos this weekend and in the past
But many players do this and they will never get called

Old 09-08-2020, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,539 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
Also, the back scratching among players often turns to back stabbing when there is Mo Money on the line!
lol..we'll see.......