Communism?

Oh boy.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2020, 09:56 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 358 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
A player tested positive following the West Virginia Open last weekend. I am running an event this weekend and have asked all players (4) in attendance there to withdraw.
Just a reminder to the disc golf community to take things serious and now is not the time to let our guard down.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-11-2020, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 252 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
Hats off to this guy.

LOL sorry but i watched 2 minutes of the video and could not stop laughing.

He claimed three times that we have the virus under control and it is dying out and how he can shift his reporting to other topics cause Covid is done for.

Who is this clown?

Lol ok 14 minutes in he claims that we still dont have trials for chloroquin. The Trump myth that has been debunked in dozends of trials. Does he get his news from Fox?

LOOOL ok at 20 minutes he starts peddling his wunder immune system booster pills. Hello Alex Jones.

Last edited by Smigles; 09-11-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 888 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
LOL sorry but i watched 2 minutes of the video and could not stop laughing.

He claimed three times that we have the virus under control and it is dying out and how he can shift his reporting to other topics cause Covid is done for.

Who is this clown?

Lol ok 14 minutes in he claims that we still dont have trials for chloroquin. The Trump myth that has been debunked in dozends of trials. Does he get his news from Fox?

LOOOL ok at 20 minutes he starts peddling his wunder immune system booster pills. Hello Alex Jones.
It really is staggering how much crap he spews. It’s good that he makes it clear that he’s openly speculating by constantly saying “maybe” and “who knows”, but then you have to ask yourself, why the hell am I wasting my time with this? Anyone can make up their own narrative completely divorced from science and data and post it online.

That one video from a few weeks ago where he postulated that a 15% infection rate was good enough for herd immunity was especially egregious. He opened his next video by apologizing for it, but then just plows ahead with more nonsense. Pretty dangerous if people are following this guy as if he’s an authority.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 171
Niced 351 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
That's a nice sentiment, but the study is what it is. I don't agree with the idea that it was free of bias, and I suspect neither do you. I think the real issue is how the media is interpreting the study's results. Obviously they have their agenda, and lie by omission as a standard operating procedure.*assumption* The two (academia and media) are more closely aligned than ever.*assumption* I suspect their end goal is communism, even though it actually goes against their best interests in the long run.*wild assumption*

Hats off to this guy.
Orange is me. You're stringing together quite a chain of assumptions to get to that conclusion.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Banned

Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

i must say it's funny that people have so much faith that "COVID" is real and and a serious problem when they haven't experienced any evidence of it in real life.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 458 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'alcooltue View Post
i must say it's funny that people have so much faith that "COVID" is real and and a serious problem when they haven't experienced any evidence of it in real life.
I don't know anyone who ever died in a plane crash. Plane crashes are obviously fake.

I didn't know anyone who died on 9/11/01. Clearly that's all fake also

Old 09-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 888 Times in 328 Posts

Some statements are so stupid they don’t warrant any response.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 458 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCready View Post
Some statements are so stupid they don’t warrant any response.
Yeah. I probably should have gone that way

Niced: (1)

Old 09-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 320 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Yes, because being a covidiot definitely isn't an example of group think.
There's plenty of groupthink to go around on both sides. People on both sides seem bent on their version, with a complete willingness to ignore any data that doesn't support their view.

Take the trajectory of infections. A novel virus released on a virgin population should grow exponentially until one of two things happen, you reach herd immunity, or there is an intervention, either medically or socially. This has been the basis of all the dire projections released early on. Yet here we are in September and things haven't exactly happened as expected. Sweden enacted minimal interventions in March and have done nothing since. Yet their cases have plateaued and plummeted. They are now one of the safest countries to be in europe. Similar trends are observable in the US. Many of the southern states dropped their lockdowns in June. Daily cases predictably began growing exponentially but then unexpectedly plateaued in July and have dropped significantly since then.

This should not happen. It goes against all of the science about the spread of a novel virus. If you don't do anything it should grow exponentially. Have we seen any explanations in any of the media or from any of the covid tsars? Absolutely not. Any reasonable explanation goes weakens the lockdown narrative. We were constantly reminded in the past of why these places were "doing it wrong", yet now when things turn out differently than expected, there is silence.

As an aside, some good news about masks:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...nst-covid-19#1