Old 09-18-2020, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.4
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,115 Times in 1,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
New stock plastic is available from all the online stores I frequent.
Our club has a pretty long standing relationship with Discraft and they are in our backyard. We have had problems getting tournament packages from them for the last couple months. To the point where we have gone to MVP for our last couple.

I believe we were told that they would be unable to produce any custom stamps for the rest of the year.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,285 Times in 643 Posts

What are some names to watch that could maybe shake things up? Obviously, nobody is going to make waves like Paul did, but nobody believed that he would leave Innova. Are there any potential stories along those lines this year?
Old 09-18-2020, 03:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,487 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
It's not a package deal. Just 2 names that are going to be available that DD is apparently looking at. I'm guessing they are more just trying to give off the illusion of being able to attain top tier pros.

Aderhold is choosing between them and Discraft. Smart money on the latter.

My point is that one of them is an elite level player and one is unproven, but can bomb I guess.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,575 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Ok just throwing names out their that could be it.
Drew Gibson, Grady Shue, Sliver Latt, AJ Risley, Andrew Marwede, Double G, Albert Tamm, Anthony Barela.
Shue, Risley, are not good enough players to warrant any demands for a better paycheck imop. Drew has a strange vibe with fans it seems, hard to tell where he positions himself with that or if he even gives a damn. I just don't think Drew could move alot of discs for any sponsor. Probably better for him to keep building his own brand. However... winning more tournaments could change things quickly.

I was starting to think Simon might change sponsors for a big paycheck, but now I've come to realize he doesn't want the pressure of having to perform well in tournaments and a high dollar sponsorship would force that. So a steady paycheck (he's getting married after all) from Discmania plus the freedom to build his youtube brand = a happy Simon.

I think Eagle is the wildcard. He's proven he has what it takes to make a huge impact on the future of the sport. I could see him moving to a major sponsorship with Innova while still having a limited part with Discmania, but...he's also young enough to be brash and pursue a big move to another sponsor if the money is right. Plus..Discmania already has a younger Eagle in Kyle Klein so the loss of Eagle wouldn't change the crushboy dynamic that much. Plus...anyone else notice Klein kind of looks like Eagle when he plays?

Old 09-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 116
Niced 723 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
My point is that one of them is an elite level player and one is unproven, but can bomb I guess.
Well perhaps Aderhold is their cheaper, high upside, backup plan. Will be interesting if they really open up their wallet to a player after notoriously underpaying and subsequently losing, their flagship player, Paige Pierce.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2020, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,575 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMonk View Post
And the new team member is .... Baby Yoda !!!
Well that is a bit anti-climatic, but I am sure DC will unload a more than few discs with the new stamp.
wow.. that is one lame, quickly designed, jumping on season 2 bandwagon....stamp.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2020, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,285 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
^^^Anti-climactic, for sure.
Tell me they stamped these on a force???? I mean, c'mon!!
Old 09-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 389 Times in 137 Posts

There's some hot take hype in this thread already.

You see Kyle Klein play two rounds and suggest that he could take Eagle's spot?

Hailey King is the latest in a long list of names people think could truly challenge Paige. Every other name has failed to take that step. I like Hailey but let's pump the brakes a little there.

On Calvin I heard last year he wanted to go to Discraft but they didn't want to split the spotlight with Paul. I like Calvin but I don't think his personality fits with Dynamic. Calvin doesn't really try to sell discs or his sponsor, I don't see him becoming that guy. He's going to lean on performance alone to earn sponsorship dollars.

Here's my own hot take: Eagle will soon be the best player in the game and hold that status for several years. Eagle should go the Paul McBeth route and start his own brand within an existing company.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-18-2020, 05:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 315 Times in 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Here's my own hot take: Eagle will soon be the best player in the game and hold that status for several years. Eagle should go the Paul McBeth route and start his own brand within an existing company.
Unfortunately it’s not the case, but I could see if DM was actually molding their own stuff Jussi exploring that option with either Simon or Eagle.

Can’t see that happening for the time being.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 75 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Hailey King is the latest in a long list of names people think could truly challenge Paige. Every other name has failed to take that step. I like Hailey but let's pump the brakes a little there.
This is DGCR, we don't pump no brakes round here -- you hear?

Niced: (2)