Old 07-15-2020, 10:07 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,217 Times in 608 Posts

Love the purple and the stamp color, dislike the stamp itself. Anybody think they'll change up the stamp next time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk View Post
Heh, I would imagine that you know it is Steve Martin in "The Jerk".
Watched it last night. Had to...well worth it! Can't believe I never saw it before (I wasn't born yet then but I've seen "all the classics" so to speak)

/derail
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 193 Times in 104 Posts

Well it's farewell to my trusty flat top orange Z Wasp... Think she's gone for good unfortunately.

Picked up a fresh Z Wasp (pictured). Not as flat as my original one, and interesting to see that they're now putting regular flight numbers instead of just the DC stability #. Is it just me, or did the flight numbers change?

Haven't had a chance to throw it yet as the wife and I are expecting baby anytime now.

Anyone know how the new ones are throwing these days? My old one was a LASER with a smooth but strong late finish. Great for low or tight lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 12.33.38 PM.jpg (9.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 12.32.17 PM.jpg (30.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-18-2020, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 205
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 202 Times in 123 Posts

New ones throw as good as the old ones, there is variation in dome but there was with older runs as well. I think most that are familiar with the mold would disagree with the glide rating of 3, but then again flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Bottom line, Z Wasps are Z Wasps.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 193 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
New ones throw as good as the old ones, there is variation in dome but there was with older runs as well. I think most that are familiar with the mold would disagree with the glide rating of 3, but then again flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Bottom line, Z Wasps are Z Wasps.
Yeah I mean, I would say that the flat top Wasp I lost was probably close to a 3 glide, and was great for hitting lower lines. My Jawbreaker Wasps seem like at least 5 glide, and just want to fly forever. The new Z Wasp I have is probably a 4-5 glide.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 162 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Well it's farewell to my trusty flat top orange Z Wasp... Think she's gone for good unfortunately.

Picked up a fresh Z Wasp (pictured). Not as flat as my original one, and interesting to see that they're now putting regular flight numbers instead of just the DC stability #. Is it just me, or did the flight numbers change?

Haven't had a chance to throw it yet as the wife and I are expecting baby anytime now.

Anyone know how the new ones are throwing these days? My old one was a LASER with a smooth but strong late finish. Great for low or tight lines.
Sorry for the loss, and congratulations on the upcoming baby.

From what I have found, the wasps made in the last 5 years, have less fade than the wasps prior, unless it was a special run. The special runs, in premium plastic, seem to have more HSS and fade. The newer wasps remind me of a super beefy buzzz, which is what the wasp was originally.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 17 Posts

Honestly the Tour series Swirly-Z Hammes have been my go-to for that overstable mid slot. That run came out pretty darn flat and it feels great in the hand. I thought the stamp was ugly so I just wiped the "hammes" off lol. If I were you, I'd look for one of those from like OTB, discbaron or throwshop where they list the flatness of the disc.

Old 09-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,145 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
Sorry for the loss, and congratulations on the upcoming baby.

From what I have found, the wasps made in the last 5 years, have less fade than the wasps prior, unless it was a special run. The special runs, in premium plastic, seem to have more HSS and fade. The newer wasps remind me of a super beefy buzzz, which is what the wasp was originally.
I would then be able to use the mold? My 2008 Z Wasp with a Tournament stamp is this Z Wasp disc at 170-173 grams weighted at that same tournament at 172 grams that is almost in the slot of a then new Buzzz OS but less fade right to the ground. The glide for the Z Wasp was way better then the then a ROC way that mold for me drops to ground as soon as visible slowing of the spin by the eye happens, or the similar ROC style disc from Lighting if the disc was the flat top version doing about the same. Also that Z Wasp disc was slick until this summer when the mold got fingerprints to show and got grip but is still rather stiff compared to what I like from Z.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 615 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
...Z Wasps are Z Wasps.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 337 Times in 170 Posts

I've been thinking about just bagging a z wasp and jb wasp and dropping my buzzz. I love the buzzz but I feel like I have all the mid range shots covered with those two. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is that I have a lot of buzzes and I feel like I have wasted my time and money by dropping the mold.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:07 AM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 8
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
I've been thinking about just bagging a z wasp and jb wasp and dropping my buzzz. I love the buzzz but I feel like I have all the mid range shots covered with those two. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is that I have a lot of buzzes and I feel like I have wasted my time and money by dropping the mold.
I am (was) in the same spot. I've been going with a Z Wasp, and my CT JB Wasp that's seasoned to fly like a Buzzz. I have a couple of those CT JBs that are in the same condition, and plenty of new back ups. Pairing those with my 2 Comets and I feel like I've got everything covered. My Buzzz collection is ridiculous though, so the idea of getting one back into the bag definitely creeps up on me.