Old 09-11-2020, 08:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts

The disc you desire is a Roc. I recommend DX or KC plastic to allow the disc to beat-in over time.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2020, 08:23 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 344 Times in 202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Not sure if you've mentioned it or not before, but are you a fan of dx plastic, say Rocs and Eagles and possibly some Milenium molds too? I think you might like them. If you do like them, you may consider spamming your man crush love juices over every other thread that mentions a variance of disc. Speed, classification, stability etc. I think you'd be great at it. Give it a shot at least.

I’ve thrown lots of molds and really enjoy and handful, which I recommend when it seems appropriate. Not sure why this irritates you so much...quite a few people are fans of the same molds. Are you a total dick to them as well?

Niced: (1)
Old 09-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 37 Times in 23 Posts

I would suggest a Classic Roc DX or a Discraft Elite Z Buzzz
Old 09-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 282 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
Classic Roc DX
Sadly OOP
Old 09-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 125 Times in 93 Posts

DX Roc. Can't go wrong unless you happen to not jive with the feel.

Skip the Manta for sure in Star at least. Maybe I got a freak but I had more hope for that turd. It's stupid stable. I even beat the crap out of it on the road and threw it against the wall for a bit, Nothing still like 0/2 flight. Might be nice in DX though. Yes it's not me either I got like 70 midranges.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 174
Niced 2,610 Times in 1,206 Posts

Paige Pierce thinks people need to know about this newfangled disc called the Buzzz...

But yeah I'll map out some logical courses you can take from what you've got to work with.

Option A: Roc cycle. The old school method of cycling still works great and is budget friendly. KC Pro Roc for dependable fade, DX Roc for straight and a beat up DX Roc for understable. Add a Roc3 or RocX3 for overstable/wind if you need it.

Option B: Shark family. Get a heavy DX Shark to pair with your light Shark. You might want a more overstable complement later on and whichever of the Discmania MD3/MD4 is beadless will probably feel most similar to the Shark. The Millennium Aurora MS is also a fantastic disc (Millennium uses Innova plastic) and it will feel similar to you because it is the Shark top and the Stingray bottom. Think of it as a Shark/Mako3 hybrid in terms of flight. The Q(Aurora)MS is a great straight mid.

Option C: Mix & Match. Since you might not be keen on cycling, pick 3 different molds for the 3 basic slots (beefy, straight, flippy). Choices = infinite.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:49 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,145 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
Sadly OOP
Yep Just saw that on the Disc Golf Pro Shop. Of Course in limited run the disc could just be out of stock.

Old 09-19-2020, 03:52 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Paige Pierce thinks people need to know about this newfangled disc called the Buzzz...

But yeah I'll map out some logical courses you can take from what you've got to work with.

Option A: Roc cycle. The old school method of cycling still works great and is budget friendly. KC Pro Roc for dependable fade, DX Roc for straight and a beat up DX Roc for understable. Add a Roc3 or RocX3 for overstable/wind if you need it.
I like the idea of cycling since you can have discs that perform different flights while feeling the same in hand. I don't think I have the time to get a full cycle going this year so that option isn't for me yet and I also can't say I have a mold I would like to settle on yet since I am just getting into the sport this summer.

Quote:
Option B: Shark family. Get a heavy DX Shark to pair with your light Shark. You might want a more overstable complement later on and whichever of the Discmania MD3/MD4 is beadless will probably feel most similar to the Shark. The Millennium Aurora MS is also a fantastic disc (Millennium uses Innova plastic) and it will feel similar to you because it is the Shark top and the Stingray bottom. Think of it as a Shark/Mako3 hybrid in terms of flight. The Q(Aurora)MS is a great straight mid.
I did buy a heavier shark. More so that I can have a shark for myself while I lend my starter set to a friend who would like to play with me.

Quote:
Option C: Mix & Match. Since you might not be keen on cycling, pick 3 different molds for the 3 basic slots (beefy, straight, flippy). Choices = infinite.
I think Option C is best for me right now so that I can test out different disc and find out what feels best in my hand. I ordered a manta so at this point I have a manta, shark and mako3, which I think covers a fairly large variety of disc shapes. Thanks for the ideas. Once I get better and start getting control over these 3 discs I think I am going to put in some more research into discs from other brands that will have similar feel in the hands to whichever of these 3 discs I like the most. If you have any suggestions for other discs that would be valuable for me to try out that would be most appreciated. ie. maybe I do need to just try out a dx roc and see how it feels or a buzzz. I like the suggestion for the millenium aurora ms. I definitely am going to try it out in the future. I have heard good things about the md3/md2 from discmania but it seems like they aren't as popular which I don't quite understand why.

Eventually I want to get to the point where I have a go to stable/straight midrange which covers most of my shots and then I can fill in the remaining gaps with one overstable and one understable utility disc.

At this point I am probably overthinking this and should just go out and play some rounds. I appreciate the help and advice so far. Thanks.

Niced: (1)