Old 10-18-2018, 08:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 50 Times in 35 Posts

Exodus? did I wander into a Bible study thread?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 11:19 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 18 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
No, Infinite Discs did when they renamed the Eagle L.

They are still Eagle L's though so feel free to call them either. Run in Star Champ and Pro (pros are pretty gross and domey).

No idea why it took a rebranding for people to admit to liking them, I've always liked my Eagle L's. Exodus is in the top ten selling drivers at Infinite so far this year.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 41
Niced 50 Times in 35 Posts

Oh yeah I remember seeing Egyptology themed discs from them a while back. Doesn't/didn't Gurthie throw them for a while? I read that they were molded by Innova but didn't look too far into it. The past few years being out of the loop feels like I missed A LOT. I had a couple of DX L's a while back. I think I have one in the garage somewhere. I'll give 'em a toss. what the hey...
Old 10-26-2018, 01:18 AM
Eagle Member

I have had a white star Eagle for about five years. It ends up in storage a lot because I don't throw it when it snows.

Anyways, I dyed it with some quick coat lure dye last week and put it back in the bag.

Only took a few throws and I'm super glad I dyed it and put it back in the bag. Flips up with a little turn and fades back just as much. Has a ton of glide and goes just short of my best throws with a star sidewinder. Throws just like a nice eagle L in that sweet spot.

Took the L's and Exodus out of my bag, gonna find a similar fresh star to cycle in.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 547 Times in 403 Posts

Are most eagles domey? Flat? I have gotten curious about this mold once more. Had a champ and a CGC when I started throwing and have tried so many discs since then I can't remember....... TIA for any input
Old 10-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Certain runs can be flat but most of the newer runs I've seen have some dome. Same rim as a Teebird, with a different top and possibly nose. Eagles like to turn some slightly off the angle of release then come back fairly hard. Whereas, Teebirds tend to hold the angle more and have a slightly softer fade. I do not have much experience with L mold Eagles.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
Interesting that you mention that. I read through the Bible fully each year, and have been doing so for 15 years or so. I can't help but alert when my eye comes to a word in the Bible that is a disc name, like:

Destroyer, Leopard, Judge, Justice, Verdict, Gazelle, Eagle, Witness, Truth

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-28-2018, 02:42 AM
Eagle Member

Picked up a fresh star Eagle to put in the rotation today. Looked at some of those double eagle stamped eagles, Infinite has some of the X-outs. Those all have a really high PLH and are the flattest Eagles I have seen in a long time. If you are into beefy stars you should buy some of those while they are still around.

Niced: (1)

Old Today, 09:49 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 42 Times in 35 Posts

I grabbed a Star Eagle from the used bin of a shop this past summer. The disc was practically brand new. Threw it a few times but I could never really get used to it. Being a Teebird guy, the harder fade was something to get used to. But once I started beating it in the magic began.

It’s a mini-destroyer. It’a The strangest thing I’ve ever seen. I mostly throw g-star destroyers out to around ~430, and the Eagle does the same flight but out to ~350.

Anyways, I’m going to be bagging an Eagle or two with my Teebirds and let them fight it out on the course.