Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 418 Times in 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Do you currently throw any mids, and if so, what?
I was bagging 2 Truths and a stingray. What you said about accuracy compared to distance makes sense. (I want to throw mids 350... But, i don't have to)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2018, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,384 Times in 1,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I was bagging 2 Truths and a stingray. What you said about accuracy compared to distance makes sense. (I want to throw mids 350... But, i don't have to)
I'd look at it this way...you like throwing putters, so when do you want to use a mid? When the putter isn't far enough, or when there's too low of a ceiling, or both? Do you throw speed 7ish fairways or 9ish fairways? So basically do you want your mids to act like your putter + distance/glide, like the Comet, or like a fairway - speed/distance/fade, like the Truth?

I can definitely see someone who loves throwing putters leaning on a Comet as the putter + 30-50' midrange and maybe having something else for low ceilings when that putter/Comet can't hit but you don't want to go up to a fairway. If you already use a stable-overstable fairway for this distance range with hyzer or wind and don't feel a gap in the bag, then I guess you don't have a gap. But in the future if you throw the Comet a lot and wish you could have it hold an angle in wind or resist more turn, that's when a more stable version would make sense.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 418 Times in 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I'd look at it this way...you like throwing putters, so when do you want to use a mid?.
Your reply also makes sense...
I think I'm gonna stick with the aftershock.

Thanks everybody!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 481 Times in 303 Posts

Truth isn't much different than a Comet in terms in turn and fade. I'd go with something more OS.

Rocs and Vectors are pretty good bets since they have a similar rim, Wasp if you want to stick to Discraft. Suspect could work too, but it's got a very different feel.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,384 Times in 1,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Truth isn't much different than a Comet in terms in turn and fade. I'd go with something more OS.

Rocs and Vectors are pretty good bets since they have a similar rim, Wasp if you want to stick to Discraft. Suspect could work too, but it's got a very different feel.
When you don't throw 70MPH the extra speed and ground push of a Truth makes it carry down low ceilings way farther than a Comet

Agreed about everything you said about stabilities and discs though.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 864 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

The truth has so much less glide....and all the fade is all dump... yeah, horrid pairing.