Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 627 Times in 493 Posts

I've only thrown 1 Scorpius, a metal flake champion. For me it flew pretty much like a Destroyer, but had a much mellower late fade and held a flat flight longer. A good forward fade. Some Destroyers have a really harsh fade. The disc slows down and looks for the ground quickly.

Tough to come to a judgment on a mold only having thrown 1, but the Scorpius I threw was a nice disc. Very dependable driver.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 657 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
You shouldn't tell people what they can comment on.
Your reply was even more useless than his.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 723 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Your reply was even more useless than his.
Yet not as useless nor unnecessary as yours.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 657 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Yet not as useless nor unnecessary as yours.
Keep trying.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've only thrown 1 Scorpius, a metal flake champion. For me it flew pretty much like a Destroyer, but had a much mellower late fade and held a flat flight longer. A good forward fade. Some Destroyers have a really harsh fade. The disc slows down and looks for the ground quickly.

Tough to come to a judgment on a mold only having thrown 1, but the Scorpius I threw was a nice disc. Very dependable driver.
The MF champs are, in my experience, a little less stable than the Sirius. Granted that's based mostly off an early run of MF so I'm not sure about more recent runs. The MF tended to be a little flatter and a little less stable. I don't normally like drivers in Champion type plastic, but the MF Scorps are pretty nice. I still don't think it's a flight you can't find in a Destroyer if you know what you're looking at or if you beat one in a bit. Destroyers with a straighter wing like a lot of the GStars or the 2017 Philos have a similar flight.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 627 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
The MF champs are, in my experience, a little less stable than the Sirius. Granted that's based mostly off an early run of MF so I'm not sure about more recent runs. The MF tended to be a little flatter and a little less stable. I don't normally like drivers in Champion type plastic, but the MF Scorps are pretty nice. I still don't think it's a flight you can't find in a Destroyer if you know what you're looking at or if you beat one in a bit. Destroyers with a straighter wing like a lot of the GStars or the 2017 Philos have a similar flight.
Yeah, I'm really leery of champion Destroyers. Most of the ones I've tried have been ridiculously overstable, glideless pigs. The Scorpius was nice. It responded well to power by turning just a little bit. I liked the fact that it didn't have a super dumpy fade.

I do agree a Scorpius can resemble a beat Destroyer. If you had 1 mold in the bag you wouldn't need the other.

My favorite Destroyers are early stars. Protos and maybe those made a couple years after. Some of the current McBeths are good, but the plastic is a little gummy/floppy for my taste, and a lot of those discs seem to be super beefy.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 15
Niced 378 Times in 241 Posts

Yeah the MF scorps are not as stable as the Sirius in my opinion. I have one with a big pop top that is a real glide machine. More like 12/5/-1/1 but it is a bit worked in.