Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 869 Times in 596 Posts

So, I wanted a clear X out, and now that I own and have thrown a clear X out I have to say that it is a disc I very much enjoy.

It’s got a fairy flat top, high wing and fits in a FH grip really well.

For years I would carry an even more OS distance driver in my bag just for extreme conditions. Over the years the Spirit, Stiletto, Rask and MF Lucid Enforcer have shared this role. In late 2017 I tried to minimize even molds, took that slot and the super OS mid slot out of my bag.

I now thing that might have been a mistake. The Slab is exactly what you want in that dire situation where you can’t trust anything else to do the job. Wind? No worries. weird flex shot? Fine. Distance stall shot? Got it.

Really nice disc for that slot.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

The Slab has found a spot in my bag. I was throwing a Sabot for this slot until recently. I like the Slab more mainly because it has a lot less dome than the Sabot. The almost flat top of the Slab is more comfortable in my hand. This is especially true when it comes to sidearm and overhand shots. I noticed Big Jerm was throwing a Slab, if I remember correctly it was at WACO. If I wasn’t lazy I’d find the video and post a link.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 2
Niced 337 Times in 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
The Slab has found a spot in my bag. I was throwing a Sabot for this slot until recently. I like the Slab more mainly because it has a lot less dome than the Sabot. The almost flat top of the Slab is more comfortable in my hand. This is especially true when it comes to sidearm and overhand shots. I noticed Big Jerm was throwing a Slab, if I remember correctly it was at WACO. If I wasn’t lazy I’d find the video and post a link.
He threw it R3 on 18 at TDTM. I was kinda surprised. It's light blue.

Niced: (1)