Old 05-13-2019, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 630 Times in 496 Posts
Default Fourth Circle Discs- Taipan

Anyone here thrown one of these? I tried one out a couple weeks ago. The Taipan is a speed 13 overstable driver that seems very similar to an Ape. It has the same hand feel as a Kong or Force, but is definitely a speed faster. Also similar to a Defender, but maybe a SLIGHT bit more overstable.

The Taipan is a good thrower. It flies true to the numbers and will go flat a good distance before sharply fading. The only time I saw any high speed turn was throwing into a fairly decent headwind. If I bagged this disc it would probably take the place of my XCal. The Taipan is a hair faster and longer though.

The Ultra plastic is excellent. It feels to me like Discraft's newer shiny, somewhat gummy ESP.

I liked this disc and would recommend it for anyone needing a fast, overstable driver that isn't a total pig.The Taipan glides well and will actually go very far when thrown hard.

I had never heard of this company. The discs are from Australia.

Taipan: 13, 5, 0, 3. Huge arms might see some high speed turn, but it won't be much. The Taipan gets downrange quickly, but wants to fade hard. Luckily its a prolonged fade, rather than the disc dropping out of the air like a rock.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

Prodiscus molds the Taipan for Fourth Circle.

Niced: (1)