Old 03-31-2018, 12:12 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Buzz OS. That or a MF Champion Gator. Or a Champion ROCX3 though yet to see that fly in person. Those are some of the most overstable midrange discs I can think of. Drone is another option in Big Z.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 12:14 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Buzz OS. That or a MF Champion Gator. Or a Champion ROCX3 though yet to see that fly in person. Those are some of the most overstable midrange discs I can think of. Drone is another option but that only comes in Pro D.

He’s not looking for max stability. He wants a straight with fade. Also how can you list rocx3 and not mortar justice or stego. Come on man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2018, 12:17 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 869 Times in 596 Posts

Gila or Bard is great.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:19 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyduce View Post
He’s not looking for max stability. He wants a straight with fade. Also how can you list rocx3 and not mortar justice or stego. Come on man

Morter Flies like a Gator so how I missed that one I do not know. Uh the Justice and Stego are both Putters. That would be like me saying get a Wizzard for a midrange disc just becuse those fly so far for a putter.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:48 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,816 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I've got a Moonshine EMAC Truth that within 6 weeks has turned into a straight flyer just like my Lucid Truth. I had a Lucid Thief that turned into a straight flyer as well...lost it in a deep spot in a large stream because it went dead straight when it (with an 0/2) should have faded back for me.

Now I'm beginning to wonder about the numbers on the Trilogy disc because I do not have that fast of an arm speed where these 0/2 disc should be flying straight. Luckily I have a Lucid Convict that does still give me that fade I need on longer throws so I put it in the bag to take the place of the Thief. I'd like to stick with Trilogy just because of all the plastics I've tried they offer the best (IMO) combination of stiffness and grip.

Would the Verdict, Anchor, or Pain offer the fade I was hoping to get out of my EMAC Truth?

I really need a mid that offers a dependable fade....there are at least 4 (out of 19) holes, as well as many other situations, that I need this mid shot with nothing currently in my bag to cover it.

Thanks for the help!

TripleB
For me the answer is the Hornet. It's OOP, but there's still a lot of them out there. You might also consider the Innova Rat. Many of the other suggestions listed above, such as the Wasp, are good as well.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2018, 01:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,371 Times in 1,519 Posts

If you want the feel, speed, and flight of the Emac but with more fade then the Verdict is the closest you can get. They are definitely related discs. Anchor is slower, and I've only thrown one but it was like a stable Roc...it wasn't as overstable as I expected. Not saying it's a bad disc, just not as beefy as I was led to believe. Verdict is straight to a sweeping fade, not a beefcake but definitely a noticeable notch above Truths. One of my favourite mids and is used for BH's and FH's every round.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-31-2018, 02:30 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Morter Flies like a Gator so how I missed that one I do not know. Uh the Justice and Stego are both Putters. That would be like me saying get a Wizzard for a midrange disc just becuse those fly so far for a putter.

Justice is definitely a mid. Stego is borderline but I’d call it a mid.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 269 Times in 161 Posts

The Verdict is the obvious choice. It feels very similar to a Truth, but it flies more overstable.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:43 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 304 Times in 210 Posts

Verdict. Verdict. Verdict.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
The anchor and verdict will, also I don't know what plastic and weight you were throwing? You can look outside the trilogy line up also Gator, mortar, demon, taurus all good mids with "hella fade" 0/2 isn't that much fade honestly and once a disc gets worked in (premium plastic takes longer than 6weeks most of the time) consider that you could be releasing the disc poorly (not meant to be insulting) I had the same problem and found that I was releasing more OS discs on more anny(mental hang up) so that may be a thing to look at as well. Also if your OS mids are working in touch can put more hyzer on them. An Emac truth is a straight to fade disc, not a heavy fade disc. A wasp may be a good option for you also, not familiar with the pain. That's my ’.02
Just realized you said moonshine. That's bananas all of my suggestions still stand though.