Old 03-31-2018, 08:04 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,818 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
The Verdict is the obvious choice. It feels very similar to a Truth, but it flies more overstable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Verdict. Verdict. Verdict.
Looks like the verdict is in....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 08:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 251 Times in 158 Posts

Verdict is the more fade truth. It’ll lose HSS before LSS, so it’ll fly like an Eagle with wear.

How do discs such as the M2, Mace, MD3, or Prophecy compare to an EMac? They all have similar numbers but I’m sure they offer different nuances. I’m curious myself.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,388 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
For me the answer is the Hornet. It's OOP, but there's still a lot of them out there. You might also consider the Innova Rat. Many of the other suggestions listed above, such as the Wasp, are good as well.
damm cold as hell

"c is for creeper"

laughed equally as hard at this one as i did at "chaw man" and "don rickles biggest fan"

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Verdict is the more fade truth. It’ll lose HSS before LSS, so it’ll fly like an Eagle with wear.

How do discs such as the M2, Mace, MD3, or Prophecy compare to an EMac? They all have similar numbers but I’m sure they offer different nuances. I’m curious myself.
Prophecy is straight to fade, I'm currently bagging three of them 2 in sure grip one in diamond. I love them I'll never throw another mid. Not the hard fade OP is looking for though, although for me it's just add hyzer, I'm trying to get my hand on a Gila or a demon for a bookend jic situation.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
consider that you could be releasing the disc poorly (not meant to be insulting) I had the same problem and found that I was releasing more OS discs on more anny(mental hang up) so that may be a thing to look at as well.
No insult at all. Knowing my arm speed and how slow it is, it's the first thing I thought as well. So yesterday I tested that theory over and over...and as hard as it is for me to believe, I don't think it's my release.

All my disc are starting out flat and typically right where I'm aiming. The EMAC Truth just stays perfectly straight on that line...from beginning to end. I have to go at 50% or less power to get the flight I'm expecting from the disc and then I don't get the distance I need. None of my disc have any fade except my Convict...and it's mostly straight with a tiny fade at the very end of the flight.

Incredibly I had my best round ever at my home course today...2 over for the 19 holes...not great compared to anyone here but for 8 months into the game I was pretty excited with 6 bogies and 4 birdies. But I still feel I could have shot 2 or 3 shots better (at my current skill level) if i would have had a mid with a reliable fade.

Thanks for everyone's help.

TripleB

Old 03-31-2018, 02:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
No insult at all. Knowing my arm speed and how slow it is, it's the first thing I thought as well. So yesterday I tested that theory over and over...and as hard as it is for me to believe, I don't think it's my release.

All my disc are starting out flat and typically right where I'm aiming. The EMAC Truth just stays perfectly straight on that line...from beginning to end. I have to go at 50% or less power to get the flight I'm expecting from the disc and then I don't get the distance I need. None of my disc have any fade except my Convict...and it's mostly straight with a tiny fade at the very end of the flight.

Incredibly I had my best round ever at my home course today...2 over for the 19 holes...not great compared to anyone here but for 8 months into the game I was pretty excited with 6 bogies and 4 birdies. But I still feel I could have shot 2 or 3 shots better (at my current skill level) if i would have had a mid with a reliable fade.

Thanks for everyone's help.

TripleB
Try releasing the truth on mad hyzer, then get a verdict. Or a Gila in Amber plastic.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,388 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Looks like the verdict is in....
hahahaha
Old 03-31-2018, 07:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

the truth and verdict compliment is a no brainer. if you look at the two molds and feel them up it will be more obvious.

to my wallet's chagrin I've sampled every thing from trilogy searching for the perfect os mid.

-mace, anchor are very similar and fly like the roc3.

-bard is a hair more os than the verdict but dumps much sooner.

the verdict has to be one of longest stable to overstable mids ever invented, up their with the sentinel.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 336 Times in 159 Posts

Any Pine throwers here? The TC one I got flies like what it seems OP is looking for.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,124 Times in 1,002 Posts

Is OP absolutely sure he has an EMAC Truth and not an EMac signature Truth? It's kind of confusing but the EMAC Truths should say just that on the tooling instead of just Truth.

Regardless, if you want a Truth shaped Trilogy mid with more fade, the answer is Verdict. Anchor is rounder with a prominent bead. Bard is shaped sort of like a beefy Shark. Pine is also more Roc shaped than Buzzz/Truth shaped. All these would work but are probably dumpier fades than the Emac Truth. You can throw a Compass in this category too of dependable but not terribly long straight to fade mid. It's really tough to get a mid with no turn that fades forward with glide.