Old 05-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 435 Times in 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Your form improved enough in two days for that to be what kept the premium Rhyno from turning over? I think it was probably just the added stabilitt of the champ plastic and maybe your form was more on point that day.
I think you're right, but I think it's worth it to point out any weaknesses in the testing protocol. Can't control for everything!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2018, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 432 Times in 263 Posts

I used an ESP Zone for a few years. It was mostly for short FH duties. Once the Buzzz OS entered my bag the Zone got used less and less. Right now I use the Berg (FH) and PA1 (BH) for short OS needs and the Buzzz OS for anything longer. Don't need anything in between so the Zone sits in a box.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I used an ESP Zone for a few years. It was mostly for short FH duties. Once the Buzzz OS entered my bag the Zone got used less and less. Right now I use the Berg (FH) and PA1 (BH) for short OS needs and the Buzzz OS for anything longer. Don't need anything in between so the Zone sits in a box.
Lately I'm throwing a prophecy for everything like this. If that won't cut the mustard its reaching for the TB or Felon. Whatever is necessary for that particular shot. I am throwing only PWP Wizards other than that and i am carrying a DX Rhyno but not for the stability but because it sits. I have good touch with it. On the fence about the star Rhyno and really wanting to test a Gator lately just to see if O could consolidate duties into one single complimentary disc.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Its funny this thread was started yesterday. This is actually the part of my bag Ive been messing around with the most lately. Recently Ive been bagging a (Stiff) Pro Pig from the factory store and a Frontline-X Mortar. I decided to take the Mortar out of my bag. Ive been bagging Mortars since 1.2s were in regular production (not trying to be a hipster or anything ). I have a decent stash of 1.2 and 1.3 Mortars (when they where actually beadless ). I decided to take them out of my bag because they arent easy (or cheap) to replace. Im afraid of losing them. Last week I played a local course that has a few shorter holes that you have to throw over water. It was windy and the shot clearly called for me to throw a Mortar. I was scared of losing my Mortar so I didnt throw it. Since then I decided to bag two Pigs (a new one & one beat up). If the shot calls for an overstable sidearm and I cant reach it with a Pig, Ive been using a Firebird. Taking the Mortar out of my bag has lowered the number of molds I carry, which is a plus. The less molds I carry, the easier it is to pick the disc I want to throw for a particular shot. Honestly (with the courses I play) I havent really found many shots where I need to flick an OS mid with my OS putter/OS fairway combo. So for now thats what Im sticky with. Ricky uses his Harps/Felons and I have my Pigs/Firebirds.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 791 Times in 457 Posts

My Recon Mortar and Zones are to close to bag both. . i bag the Zone

I can get a OS mid further than the Zone. . .but i dont feel the need for an OS mid

Zone and Sexton FB have my OS slots covered

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Par Member

Niced 19 Times in 19 Posts

Some swedish, sponsored by Prodiscus, player threw only Jokeris. Not mids at all. So you choose!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 730 Times in 508 Posts

My personal observation on the vs. is, if I try to extend OS putters to the end of their range too much, hey straighten out more than any other speed class. I then end up without enough left in my shot. That's pretty much why I ditched Zone, Harp and even Suspect. I now carry two Enys, which really aren't at OS, and let a Bard handle the shorter OS shots and a Verdict for longer.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,820 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My personal observation on the vs. is, if I try to extend OS putters to the end of their range too much, hey straighten out more than any other speed class. I then end up without enough left in my shot. That's pretty much why I ditched Zone, Harp and even Suspect. I now carry two Enys, which really aren't at OS, and let a Bard handle the shorter OS shots and a Verdict for longer.
Agree. I once accidentally grabbed a Harp instead of a faster mid out of my bag (they were the same color) for a straight tunnel shot through the woods. Threw full power, the disc went very straight with a bit more fade right at the end than I expected. Got up to the disc on the ground and was shocked to see it was the Harp (and that I'd been able to do that with a Harp). I still carry the Harp for approaches needing a hyzer on BH or FH throws and headwinds shots, but true to what you said, I'll disc up if throwing the Harp would require a power shot...
Old 05-09-2018, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 1,108 Times in 552 Posts

Yeah. Or just release with some hyzer.
The thing that makes a Harp so great is that you can make it go dead straight.
Sounds like you guys just want to throw discs flat and let them do all the work.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Par Member

Niced 143 Times in 75 Posts

I used to pair the Zone with a Drone. But the Drone recently lost out to a Justice.