Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 356 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Tursas and Vertex are very close. Tursas is a little more speed sensitive but when I really give it a solid rip with some good field space, it goes far and ends right. Vertex is less speed sensitive and not quite as long.
Does this mean you're looking for a flippier Tursas? The flatter ones come out a touch more understable, although most Tursas have significant dome so it might be hard for you to find one. The recycled Westside plastic (BT Muovi, I think?) beats in really quick so that also could do the trick if you want the least stable Tursas possible.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 831 Times in 474 Posts

I have tried most of the discs on you list. .and for me the Tremor is the best of those.
I did like how the Tursas flew, but hated the sharp flashing. . The Tremor feels WAY better in the hands and flies similar

Niced: (2)
Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 439 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I have tried most of the discs on you list. .and for me the Tremor is the best of those.
I did like how the Tursas flew, but hated the sharp flashing. . The Tremor feels WAY better in the hands and flies similar
Hey are you me?? I have tried a lot and have also landed on the Tremor. Just easy flip all day, never thrown another premium plastic mid that will do the same thing.

It's in my bag on the US side of my X comets; hope to beat in a comet to replace it. Would not be dismayed to bag a max weight Z Tremor as a complement and jump up to a Buzzz or the like from there.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 92 Times in 62 Posts

I've been singing the praises of the Tremor on this site for a while.

Pure understable sweetness!
Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 619 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
Discraft meteor, Westside Tursas, DD evidence, Innova Stingray, those are some of my suggestions that may be worth giving a shot
Innova Stingray is only made in DX now, Star might not be molding up right if it is not made right now or is hard to find. I bet KC Stingray would mold up nice as would R-Pro assuming it is not the floppy R-Pro but like a more rubbery run. I used a DX Singray at 175 grams for the entire time I was playing up till 2018, when I found a better disc for midrange slot.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 34
Niced 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Guess a stingray would work too?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
I've never owned a Stingray, but I see it's on my list to get some day.

Probably for this very reason.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-26-2019, 01:18 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 195 Times in 127 Posts

Z archer. Feels like a comfy mid in hand, goes fairway driver distance. Super easy low powered hyzerflips, big sky annys, or rollers. It’s basically a US utility disc.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 831 Times in 474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Z archer. Feels like a comfy mid in hand, goes fairway driver distance. Super easy low powered hyzerflips, big sky annys, or rollers. It’s basically a US utility disc.
I had a 3hour testing session with Z Archer vs Tremor this weekend. .

They are very similar, same rim size different shape . .the outside of the rim is flat on the Tremor and it has no bead. . smal bead on the Archer

They have the same speed and glide, but the Tremor is more US . . .they both have a "window" where they get that perfect " flip up to flat and slowly drift right" . . Throw them TO hard and they flip over, to soft and they just flip up and goes straight

You can get the exakt same flight out of them but you need to throw the Archer just a bit harder to get the same flight.

I like the Tremor more but its harder to get here i Sweden. . so i might choose the Archer, but i am going to test them one more weekend

Old 02-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,841 Times in 1,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
I have a Patrol from the Trilogy Challenge and it is pretty flippy for me. Much more flippy than a Comet, which is the only one from your above list I can compare against. It is also more flippy than a fresh DX Stingray. A fresh stingray will turn quite a bit and then fade back a little at the end when thrown flat at ~60-70% power. My Patrol stays turned over with a higher chance to cut-roll at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
The Patrol is on the list to try, although I suspect it's too similar to the Warrant, which I did not find remarkable in flight or handfeel - that is to say, it felt like crap in my hand even after taking the sanding block to the offending extra plastic.
A guy on my home course had a Trilogy Challenge Patrol and he loved it. He said it held anny lines very well and had good glide. What he didn't know was that I had a Patrol on order at that moment.

My Patrol came in (stock stamp) and I really love it as a turnover disc. it holds anhyzer lines really well. When I don't throw it with more than 60% power -OR- if I throw a high anny, my fresh Patrol would flex back (i.e. fade) just a little bit, but it's starting to lose that with more usage and wearing in. I got a second Patrol (trilogy challenge stamp) and it's just like the stock stamp Patrol.

So my understable 'longer Mirage' is solved, and it is the Patrol.