Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 251 Times in 158 Posts

Been through a bunch of mids (was a revolving door for a long while). I've thrown buzzzes. Great mids. That is why when EMac went to DD, they cloned him a Buzzz and called it the Truth. Evolved to the EMac (all the details are semantics).

I really like the Truth. I got a healthy stack of the PrEMacs (the old 5/5/0/2s). Nice and flat, shallow, comfy, and straight! My favorite, as its a very versatile mid (not unlike a Buzzz...). Beats in to a nice hyzer flipper eventually.

If I thought Buzzes were more comfortable to throw, I'd throw them. But, I find them a little deep and chunky. I really like the feel of the truth, and that's why I throw them over a Buzzz (or roc, or Mace, or XYZ...).

If you like the Buzzz, throw it! Heck ya man! If you like the Truth, throw it! Discs are subjective, too many parameters to call disc A better than disc B. I'm sure the jury will contest this to the grave, but, oh well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)

Last edited by jmdaire27; 09-19-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:26 AM

Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've been a Z Buzzz lover for years. Pretty much since they first came out. Recently, however, I tried an EMac Truth and it pretty much immediately booted the Buzzz out of my bag.

I feel like the Truth is the better disc. Its a tad bit thinner/faster than a Buzzz and seems able to handle harder rips better. The Truth can also be finessed nicely on shorter holes without sacrificing accuracy. On hard rips its noticeably longer than a Buzzz. I figure I can get the Truth out to 350' when I really want to. It also has a bit of late fade that a Buzzz doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Buzzz. However, for what I'm looking to do on the course I feel like the Truth works better. Maybe my Buzzz was old, but by the time I stopped using it it was bleeding right too much on hard rips and had become a liability in any sort of headwind or cross winds. I noticed my midrange shots became immediately sharper/more accurate with the addition of the Truth. The Buzzz just seems slow/clunky compared to an Emac Truth.
I tried out the eMac in all the plastics and it threw very similar to my buzzz. However dd doesn’t have a plastic that holds up as long as z plastic imo. I felt like the truth broke in way to fast
Old 09-20-2018, 10:14 PM

Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGottem View Post
I tried out the eMac in all the plastics and it threw very similar to my buzzz. However dd doesn’t have a plastic that holds up as long as z plastic imo. I felt like the truth broke in way to fast
Fair enough it sounds like you use the eMac as almost a fairway driver as well as a mid. I use a kaxe and kaxe z for that type of shot. I highly suggest both of those discs
Old 09-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Eagle Member

^ think you quoted yourself by accident!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 60
Niced 229 Times in 128 Posts

Does anyone else ever talk to themself?

Old 09-21-2018, 09:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 60
Niced 229 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd.bittle View Post
Does anyone else ever talk to themself?
Yeah, but only whenever there's no one else to provide intelligent conversation.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 44 Times in 25 Posts

Love when a thread goes right into the gutter.

I like Buzzz better than Truth (there, back on track).

Honest question, if it weren't for Buzzz, would Discraft even be in business anymore?
Old 09-21-2018, 06:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Love when a thread goes right into the gutter.

I like Buzzz better than Truth (there, back on track).

Honest question, if it weren't for Buzzz, would Discraft even be in business anymore?
What sets the buzzz over the truth for you? If you’ve thrown both. Just curious, to add more ‘meat’ to the thread. Again, can’t go wrong either way!

And, had that question been asked ~2 years ago, I would not have been so sure if DC was up to snuff with other brands.

However, they’ve been dropping some good stuff onto the market these days with new molds (my favorite is the undertaker. I see the vulture and crank are also holding their own) and plastic (finally came out with the new ESP, and the JB seems legit though I’ve never thrown any in JB myself). So, I think they are doing good things/not so reliant on the buzzz!
Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I think they are different enough to bag both. Beat lucid eMac Truth is the same as a brand new z buzz for my arm...just a touch overstable with a dependable gentle fade. When a z buzzz beats in it loses most of its fade....then it's a perfect buzzz because it stays that way for a long time and it goes nice and straight. Both are great in my opinion.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 44
Niced 661 Times in 387 Posts

I switched out Rocs for EMac Truths for a hot minute when they first came out. To me the ET has a very Roc-like flight with a very different rim feel. It seemed just a bit more high speed stable than most Buzzzes I've owned. However, the ET always FELT like it would fly further than my Rocs because of the low profile, but when I threw them side-by-side on the same holes, the Rocs would fly just as far. I also felt like I needed to give the ET a little more power to get there than a Roc too, and I don't like throwing mids full power. When I'm throwing mids, I'm usually looking for accuracy, and I sacrifice some of that when I'm trying to rip on them. So I went back to Rocs.

Niced: (4)