Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,399 Times in 829 Posts

if you can bh a disc you can fh it too

i use a beat buzz anything but pro d cuz pro d scraps and will cut your hand up after 3 flicks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2018, 10:09 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,200 Times in 609 Posts

Meteor, Gauge, Theory
Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 308 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So I've been looking for a an understable midrange to work on forehand hyzerflips with. Ideally it would be flat topped,beadless and lower speed. Comfortable to grip and easy to get clean releases with. Does a disc that meets all these criteria even exist?

I've tried a 400g M4 and it feels great but it is way more stable than I anticipated. More of a neutral disc then understable for me. Thrown on a hyzer it will actually hold the hyzer. It will fight out of anhyzer angles and is fairly torque resistant.

I was contemplating a prodiscus stari but it is super hard to find any information on them. Infinite has them listed as 5/4/-2/1, marshal street has it rated at 4/4/-2/0 and prodiscus has it listed as 6/4/-1/1. Which leads me to believe that this is a more neutral higher speed mid similar to the m4. Does anyone here have experience with this disc?
Yes, think we need to know what ARMILLER is asking below. If you're throwing at 70%+ power, I'd imagine you got a freak M4. It is neutral like you say but should hyzerflip to flat pretty effortlessly (maybe at 50% power even). If you're just gently tossing it as an upshot, it could hold hyzer or potentially pull out of an anhyzer…

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Are you wanting to throw over 80% power? Or pretty controlled and slower?

I love a Z Buzzz for forehands, one in particular is great for forehand anny shots that have become a definite strength in my approach and scramble game. I'm not sure it's really a hyzer flip disc like you're looking for, but I'll do frequent 200' FH hyzer to straight shots that are great for tunnels. Some Z Buzzzes might be a little more HSS, so I'd second giving an X a try if you want. But the Buzzz fits the bill as far as comfort, bead situation, and being close enough to flat.

Some have mentioned Comet, but Comets don't like forehands if thrown more than 50% power or so. Nevertheless, they're great for annys that need some more air under them than the ones I use the Buzzz for.

A Z Meteor would be a decent option, better than Comet, if you want to be able to put some juice on it. But it will turn easy if there's any OAT.

You might also consider an Opto Pure...

Many options. Again, what kinda throws are you trying to make?

Last edited by deyo7; 09-26-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 23 Times in 21 Posts

I use a Truth (non-EMAC) for this personally, but an MD or Mako3 would also work.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 223 Times in 111 Posts

Mako3 was my first thought. A little slower than a Buzzz. Coyote or MD would also be good options.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 912 Times in 507 Posts

I have a crap forehand, only using it on scrambles where I have to.
I prefer trying to flip a mid up, in an attempt to avoid my usual miss: wrist roll into an anny release.
If I can get it to flip, a regular forehand player shouldn't have a problem:

Niced: (2)
Old 09-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 6
Niced 44 Times in 27 Posts

I actually use a Champion Panther in this spot. I was flirting with the MVP Vertex, but found it not to be as understable as touted. The Champ Panther is honestly one of my favorite mid range discs and one of three mixed brands in my otherwise all legacy bag. Legay just doesn't have that type of mid yet that I like. The gauge is just not comfortable in my hand at all.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 27 Times in 18 Posts

I recommend the Evidence for this. They are what the M4 wants to be: glidey and neutral understable. They will flip up to flat and float but won't turn and burn unless you really do so.ething wrong.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 615 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So I've been looking for a an understable midrange to work on forehand hyzerflips with. Ideally it would be flat topped,beadless and lower speed. Comfortable to grip and easy to get clean releases with. Does a disc that meets all these criteria even exist?

I've tried a 400g M4 and it feels great but it is way more stable than I anticipated. More of a neutral disc then understable for me. Thrown on a hyzer it will actually hold the hyzer. It will fight out of anhyzer angles and is fairly torque resistant.

I was contemplating a prodiscus stari but it is super hard to find any information on them. Infinite has them listed as 5/4/-2/1, marshal street has it rated at 4/4/-2/0 and prodiscus has it listed as 6/4/-1/1. Which leads me to believe that this is a more neutral higher speed mid similar to the m4. Does anyone here have experience with this disc?
Sounds like you know what you want in terms of hand feel.
Buzzz may be the answer for beadles/lower speed/and I think the tops are relatively flat on most.

You could also just keep the M4 flying and beat the bejeezus out of it.

I throw FT Rocs for FH hyzer-flip mid shots, but they fight back at the end of the flight. (Also: bead. So maybe not your favorite.) Rat is beadles and flies a tighter line but it also comes back to fade. I don't really throw FH shots that are intended to flip and never come back...except rollers!

Old 09-26-2018, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 863 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post

Some have mentioned Comet, but Comets don't like forehands if thrown more than 50% power or so. Nevertheless, they're great for annys that need some more air under them than the ones I use the Buzzz for.
Depends on how clean you can throw it. I have no issues with a straight shot out to ~225' with a hyzer flip. (most of my forehand shots are only out to 275' with drivers)