Old 10-19-2018, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,381 Times in 1,524 Posts

I agree with Putt for D'oh except the Truth part. I think they are a little power hungry because they are fast, and I think the EMacs fly a little better/faster for me but they are so similar.

If you are going with Verdict then it makes sense to bag at least a Truth with it since they throw so similarly and fly related types of lines.

Another thing to consider is how far do you throw putters, and do you throw fast control drivers or traditional 7ish speed fairways? If you go fast/far with putters then the Truth route makes sense, since they fly low lines, go far, and IMO don't like being powered down a lot. If you want to throw some more traditional midrange shots that require ranging, then the Compass is a good disc. It's a lot like a Roc3 in flight/use to me but feels good in the hand. I have never thrown a beat in one though, only ones that are pretty HSS.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 76 Times in 60 Posts

I get great use out of my core. It’s an opto, 172 I think. Great bend and fade back. One of the most fun discs in my bag. It’ll go far if you want it to. I tend to like it for 225-275’ straight and left finish or s shaping shots. Needs a clean release.
I carry a mako3 for straight with no finish.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 229 Times in 128 Posts

My GL Core is the best. My group calls it a tree dodging machine. Soooooo workable.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 280 Times in 164 Posts

The Verdict is awesome. Great HSS with a mild fade. The EMac I had in Bio had some turn and not much less fade than a Verdict. I wasn't upset when some wind flipped it into a pond. I found an Opto Compass with no name and no claimers when posted on our local page, so I've been throwing it. Flies nice and straight for me. I could be very happy with just a Verdict and a Compass.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 42
Niced 84 Times in 58 Posts

I used the Core for several years. It is fairway driver long and nails straight. I liked the Opto and Sparkle versions. They bomb. The rim can be funny if your hands get greasy. It's a fun disc.

The Fuses I used wanted to be straight but they would track right if thrown too hard and would not come back. Kind of unique in my experience.

The warship was a disappointment I have to admit. But I haven't tried many of the other Westside mids.

I have/had an early DD mid that looks like a Roc3 that I though was going to be a Roc like disc but was Buzzz straight. I don't remember the name. So many discs out there now...
Old 10-21-2018, 06:28 PM
* Ace Member *

It was a Fugitive. Found it in the garage. do they even make that one anymore?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,125 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
It was a Fugitive. Found it in the garage. do they even make that one anymore?
OOP I think.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Smelling the Shame

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 82 Times in 47 Posts

Fugitive is OOP. I have thrown Cores, Fugitives, Truths, Claymores, and Warships. Low 170's Tourney, or High 160's VIP Warships are the Straightest, Furthest flying Trilogy mid, for me. LOVE My Warships.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,125 Times in 1,002 Posts

I've thrown: Truth, EMac Truth, Pain (OOP?), Core, Fuse, Tursas, Evidence, Claymore, Warship, Bard, Pine, Verdict, and Compass.

I like the Truths, Verdict, Evidence and Claymore b/c they're like Trilogy Buzzzes across the spectrum. The Core and Warship are very sneaky long mids but can worked by the wind (EMac Truth and Verdict fight wind well but are more power hungry). Bard, Pine, and Compass are kind of more traditional wide diameter mids, straight to fade with varying levels of glide. Fuse and Tursas are really similar understable mids with lots of glide. There's a lot of straight mids in the Trilogy family.

I'd get a Verdict or Pine and see how that beats in for you.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

I wanted the Warship to be more OS. It didn't do anything the Core wouldn't. I guess I still likes me some Core...

Forgot about the Pain. That was kinda interesting. It was like a super OS Roc in Opto plastic. Lost mine in Archdale (sadface).