Old 01-07-2019, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 628 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I'm in a waaaaay lower arm class than you, but I similarly hate throwing with an anny angle. And oddly enough, I've found throwing a less stable disc from a deeper hyzer seems to get the flight you're looking for better than throwing a more stable disc. So while I can't personally speak to what the various disc recommendations would do at 475' of power, I'd strongly consider the recommended discs that are less stable than a Shryke, rather than discs that are more overstable. This is of course assuming that you don't have a beat to crap Shryke already lying around somewhere, which could be tinkered with on some deep hyzer angles.
I agree here. Lately all my good anny shots have been hyzer flips with flippy discs. I can throw on an anny line with a beefier disc, but the disc won't hold the anny line as long and the shot will be much shorter overall.

Again though, hyzer flips with flippy discs aren't ever a shot I'd throw when pinpoint accuracy is needed. I use those more for open hole bombing. Sheriff, Ballista, Shryke, Tern, Surge, etc. Any disc that's fairly flippy will work. Last time in the field I was messing around with a G* Daedalus and getting it to do amazing things. HUUGGEEE hyzerflip bombs. Not a consistent disc, but it was fun to practice throwing on that line.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,016 Times in 484 Posts

If you're really throwing 475 feet, then you need to beat up some stable distance drivers for this shot.

Out-of-the-box high speed understable discs just aren't going to fill that slot.

Too touchy.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-07-2019, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 172
Niced 621 Times in 413 Posts

I've thrown just a couple Shrykes in my life and don't have the OP's power. But Star tends to be flippy and inconsistent even for me. OP, were champion Shrykes similar? The ones I've thrown are way beefier than Star.

I wonder if Champ Tern would work. Might certainly need more hyzer than you want, but might work. I like the Beast suggestion, since it seems that lower speeds do well with those higher shots. Give Star a shot.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I've thrown just a couple Shrykes in my life and don't have the OP's power. But Star tends to be flippy and inconsistent even for me. OP, were champion Shrykes similar? The ones I've thrown are way beefier than Star.

I wonder if Champ Tern would work. Might certainly need more hyzer than you want, but might work. I like the Beast suggestion, since it seems that lower speeds do well with those higher shots. Give Star a shot.
I've thrown about 5 champion Shrykes. Two of them were pretty flippy, but the others would handle pretty much all the arm I have. They would work for good turnovers out to 450'. I found G* Shrykes to be the flippiest.... and the longest. Hit it just right and I don't think there's a longer driver on the market.

Personally, I think the Tern is flippier than the Shryke. I had more trouble trying to get Terns to maintain a decent flight out past 400'. They will easily go that far, but you never know where.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.8
Courses Played: 65
Niced 560 Times in 273 Posts

Have you tried a wraith?

Niced: (2)
Old 01-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 337 Times in 251 Posts

I was maxing between 380-410 and was throwing Shrykes, Terns, Pharoah, and a couple beaten Destroyers, and nothing compares to the Star Shryke I had that absolutely bombed, and was perfect for the shot, until it didn't quite come back over the wall of no return. S-Pharoah should be a good start as they fly similarly to my 3 Champ Shrykes, but has better grip, and is a bit more reliable for me compared to the Shrykes.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,016 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Have you tried a wraith?
This is my suggestion as well.

A 475 foot arm should have no problem flipping a broken in star wraith.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

At 475'+ a G* Boss might be worth considering too. It'll definitely have some high speed turn at that distance.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
They either turn too much (thrown flat) or get really overstable. Some of this is admittedly operator error but at least some of it is on the disc.
You just summed up my C-DDx experience (sample size of 2, admittedly). And I don't have the distance you do. I agree with DanJon, you need to beat up some stable drivers most likely. At least Trespass level stable.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 73 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
If you're really throwing 475 feet, then you need to beat up some stable distance drivers for this shot.

Out-of-the-box high speed understable discs just aren't going to fill that slot.

Too touchy.
Yes, I am really throwing that far. No, this is not internet D. I do have witnesses...

I'll try to beat some destroyers or bosses in but it's going to be a tall task, as I only play 1x/week and it takes YEARS for me to beat anything in.