Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Disc Dyeing

Old 11-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 254 Times in 113 Posts

Maybe somebody can help? I have a picture ready to go in Picasa. I right-click to save the link. I try the photo feature here and it just puts the name of the link instead of showing the picture.

Gotta go to work right now, too, so I won't be back until late tonight. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 106
Niced 51 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Maybe somebody can help? I have a picture ready to go in Picasa. I right-click to save the link. I try the photo feature here and it just puts the name of the link instead of showing the picture.

Gotta go to work right now, too, so I won't be back until late tonight. Thank you in advance.
Make sure you are including the .jpg ( .png, or appropriate image format) in the link. I host my photos on imgur and linking to the page doesn't work, but if I link to image directly it has no issues.

Also if by Picasa you are talking about Google Photos, I think you need to jump through some hoops because Picasa/Google Photos doesn't provide permanent static links. As far as I understand it Google Photos/Picasa are more storage platforms and not hosting platforms.

Niced: (1)

Old 11-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 106
Niced 51 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesocrul View Post
hmm somehow uploaded a tiny picture this time. I put this in a second bath to get some more color in the white spaces. Going to try some different string directions. I've been using floss as my string at the moment, but I don't love it because it doesn't seem to pull enough dye with it. My shoelace seems to be too heavy and sinks into the Tide and pushes the dye too deep to even dye the plastic. Going to try braiding some sewing thread together to get something of intermediate thickness.
This is the disc after its second dye bath. going to try some lotion dyes this weekend too