Old 05-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,542 Times in 984 Posts

Took the Kahu out to the field against other distance drivers I have had success with like the Emperor, DDX, Giant and Mayhem and it’s very interesting. When I give them all full power. Emperor goes far, but turns a lot and often more than I want. DDX throws the exact line that I want almost every time but 30 feet shorter than everything else I tried. Giant did great, long, S curve shots and giving me a good look on every hole.

Kahu though, when you gas it was going further than everything else on 7/10 throws and less left to right play. I’ve never had a disc that I knew could go 425+ backhand every time without risking a turnover. This one is legit.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2020, 08:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
I have a Kahu from RPM. I love the (Atomic) plastic on this disc and it is working well as a FH bomber driver on a big, wide-open hyzer line. I'm hoping that once it beats in a bit, I can use it for some tighter lines as well. It's probably too much disc for my BH game so I haven't tried it that way. I wish I had it handy to post a picture but it is a really cool-looking, swirly green plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I bag a Kahu for wide open holes. Once beat in, it is a bomber; my longest disc on level ground. Not the best disc for tight lines though.

For you, it will probably be a bomber for you fresh and a turn over monster once beat in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The more I throw the Kahu the more sold on it I am, I was getting 420-440 backhand out of it and that in a non tailwind/ flat ground situation is a personal best.

I really like how hard you can throw it and still know it will come back, even if it gets a fair amount of turn, there is still fade in the tank.

I have been using it when I play the new long tees at Etowah and there is a 508 foot hole with a creek OB right and I can pump it out over that OB and know it will come back and still get good distance.
How is the Cosmic Kahu? Or do you guys prefer Atomic? I'm thinking about getting one for forehands, and I like a little bit of turn. For reference, I often use a max weight Champ Katana (preferably with some dome but not flippy) for max D forehands. I used to be able to hit 400' but nowadays probably barely crack 360'. But I've got the smooth lol.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:32 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,542 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
How is the Cosmic Kahu? Or do you guys prefer Atomic? I'm thinking about getting one for forehands, and I like a little bit of turn. For reference, I often use a max weight Champ Katana (preferably with some dome but not flippy) for max D forehands. I used to be able to hit 400' but nowadays probably barely crack 360'. But I've got the smooth lol.
I’ve only got two Atomics because the colors available were much brighter. It throws a similar distance to the Katantas I used to throw, but is way less squirrelly for me at distance. I can throw them hard and they turn, but they do come back, and they are less prone to a super sharp fading flight if you get a little nose up.

Also pretty high on it since my longest backhand I’ve measured was a Kahu this week(467) and it was on target.

Niced: (1)