So is the Wolverine an OS disc?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2020, 10:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 349 Times in 198 Posts

supposed to be, but I've never tried one. If I had to guess, its degree of OS will probably fall more in line with an undertaker. I used to pair an undertaker with a timberwolf... I've since replaced the undertaker with an mvp tesla in that slot.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,536 Times in 978 Posts

Wolverine wasn’t super OS, and actually the Grey Jay I tried from them wasn’t either.

The only disc from them that was legit OS I’ve tried was the Mammoth.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,668 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
So I'm thinking of going full DG hipster and stop throwing the big 2-3 companies. I ordered a Wolverine, Timberwolf, Swift Fox to be my driver lineup. I've thrown the TWolf and really like it, but have no experience with Wolverine or Swift Fox...I'm hoping for a solid US -> S -> OS line up with those three.
Well you're already half way there with your music and pumpkin spice lattes. Might as well go full out. 😁

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2020, 11:55 PM

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post
Talking Big Daredevil Fan

Started throwing Daredevil in 2010 when I found their ultimate discs on amazon. Fast forward 10 years and I just got back into DG and jumped at the chance to pick up some daredevil discs for my new kit. Started with the caribou, grizzly, wolverine, yeti and Sasquatch while my friend started with a pteranodon, wolverine and yeti.

The Yeti effortlessly goes 400'+ with a forehand but I haven't gotten the backhand down just yet but I'm a big fan. The sasquatch is wild, one throw it goes 450' and the next its on the ground 150' out and rolling, but nothing feels better than when I get the full flight out of it. Also I threw it full force into a tree only 50' from the tee-box and there was barely any sign of impact. My wolverine goes 375'-400' on a ten foot tall clothesline with a forehand, but again I haven't figured out the backhand with it just yet so the jury is still out on that one. I love the grippy material that the caribou is made out of and it has been my go to for some understable backhand shots and for some ridiculously long putting attempts. After trying my friends pteranodon I think my caribou will only get used for more specific shots while right now I use it for a lot of 150-200' shots. Lastly there is my grizzly, this is my go to for shots that are just outside of putting range or for the short par three that finishes left. The grizzly gets a really nice skip with a little hyzer and will slide a good bit off a level throw.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the flex performance and high performance blends. The grip performance blend will definitely show more signs of wear but even after playing a course with lots of rocks there were only surface scratches (unlike my dynamic discs escape that suffered a serious gash off a fairway shot) so I think it should hold up pretty well over time.

After a few weeks of playing with the discs I decided to pick up a few more so I got the merlin, timberwolf (very hard to find for me), beaver, pteranodon and sabertooth. 100% I plan on picking up the woodchuck and maybe the walrus because the elastic blend seems pretty useful for those hilly (scary) basket placements. I am happy to support the brand as much as I can and for now there isn't really a shot that my daredevil discs cant handle.

Down the road I hope for a nice 6 speed set from them (expand the cats? maybe a cougar, bobcat and lynx).

Niced: (3)
Old 10-27-2020, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,204 Times in 2,175 Posts

TWolf made it...just waiting on my Swift Fox and Wolverine and hitting the course this weekend.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:29 PM

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
TWolf made it...just waiting on my Swift Fox and Wolverine and hitting the course this weekend.
Where did you order your TWolf from? I haven't found one anywhere in the US...
Old 10-28-2020, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,204 Times in 2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonger View Post
Where did you order your TWolf from? I haven't found one anywhere in the US...
I found one lightly used on the DGCR Marketplace.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 20
Niced 349 Times in 198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonger View Post
Started throwing Daredevil in 2010 when I found their ultimate discs on amazon. Fast forward 10 years and I just got back into DG and jumped at the chance to pick up some daredevil discs for my new kit. Started with the caribou, grizzly, wolverine, yeti and Sasquatch while my friend started with a pteranodon, wolverine and yeti.

The Yeti effortlessly goes 400'+ with a forehand but I haven't gotten the backhand down just yet but I'm a big fan. The sasquatch is wild, one throw it goes 450' and the next its on the ground 150' out and rolling, but nothing feels better than when I get the full flight out of it. Also I threw it full force into a tree only 50' from the tee-box and there was barely any sign of impact. My wolverine goes 375'-400' on a ten foot tall clothesline with a forehand, but again I haven't figured out the backhand with it just yet so the jury is still out on that one. I love the grippy material that the caribou is made out of and it has been my go to for some understable backhand shots and for some ridiculously long putting attempts. After trying my friends pteranodon I think my caribou will only get used for more specific shots while right now I use it for a lot of 150-200' shots. Lastly there is my grizzly, this is my go to for shots that are just outside of putting range or for the short par three that finishes left. The grizzly gets a really nice skip with a little hyzer and will slide a good bit off a level throw.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the flex performance and high performance blends. The grip performance blend will definitely show more signs of wear but even after playing a course with lots of rocks there were only surface scratches (unlike my dynamic discs escape that suffered a serious gash off a fairway shot) so I think it should hold up pretty well over time.

After a few weeks of playing with the discs I decided to pick up a few more so I got the merlin, timberwolf (very hard to find for me), beaver, pteranodon and sabertooth. 100% I plan on picking up the woodchuck and maybe the walrus because the elastic blend seems pretty useful for those hilly (scary) basket placements. I am happy to support the brand as much as I can and for now there isn't really a shot that my daredevil discs cant handle.

Down the road I hope for a nice 6 speed set from them (expand the cats? maybe a cougar, bobcat and lynx).
I had wanted to try a caribou, but for as much as I like the buzzz mold and the mako mold, I didn't want to take a flier on a specialty disc that might feel totally different.
If you're crushing the wolverine to 400', you'll find the merlin is not the overstable driver it looks like it should be. I love the merlin, but my two merlins fly between a crank and a nuke SS in stability.

I can't recommend the woodchuck enough. I gave one to both my dad and my daughter to ease their fear of roll aways. It's been a while since I threw my walrus but I'm considering using it in winter rounds. But if you really want an elastic performance treat, get yourself an ogopogo.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,461 Times in 721 Posts

I might buy an Ogopogo just for a reason to say "Ogopogo" more in my life!!