* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,744 Times in 2,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWimp View Post
How many putt putt with a Proxy?

I see comment above about how it isn't a putting putter but I started using it as such about a month ago and putting better than ever. Granted I'm also playing more than ever before so that could just be getting in more rounds too, lol. Or maybe it is style?
I think most of the "proxy isn't a putting putter" stuff is due to it being only in premium for the first 4yrs its been available. I probably would have putted with a Proxy since it came out if it was in the electron back then. I like a low profile putting putter though, a lot of people don't. I use the Pilot now which has a similar hand feel and flight.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 86 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I like a low profile putting putter though, a lot of people don't. I use the Pilot now which has a similar hand feel and flight.
The low profile is something I think I've probably gravitated to for a lot of discs. In the MVP/Axiom/? I first got an Ohm and used it for upshots and liked it a lot, so then grabbed a Reactor for a midrange, which I also like a lot. So I tried the Proxy and Envy next and putted with all the putters I had on hand (Deputy, Judge, Aviar, Pure, etc. I think I probably have a dozen different putters) and the Proxy just seemed to feel like the most comfortable.

Maybe it was the profile, I need to start paying attention to disc heights, rim depth or whatever to see what it is I like I suppose.

Still can't decide between the Ohm and Envy for upshots. Ohm flies straighter for me but the Envy has a nice little hook at the end that seems dependable.

But putter wise, think I'm sticking with the Proxy for awhile. I had been putting with the Deputy before and Banger GT before that but seem to do better with the Proxy.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 587 Times in 359 Posts

the proxy makes a good putter. reliably straight with nice glide. I've used mine a lot after upshots when I was too lazy to grab my Ion. I putt with Ions but the Proxy is my second favorite putting putter from mvp/axiom.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 28.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 15 Times in 13 Posts

I love the shallow feel with the Proxy/Envy and using them (beginning with the Envy) improved my putting. Omega's and Banger GT's never clicked because they were deeper than the original Aviar P&A's and Millenium Omega AP I used in the day...

The other aspect that I consider using the MVP/AXIOM is the overmold gives me a feeling of improved Durability. I am confident that my putters will endure longer in flight characteristics than my older putters that lost some stability over time. I know this is my perception, but Putting is a head game.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2020, 10:30 AM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I recently bought a neutron and electron proxy and I was excited for something that was straight if not slightly US. For me the flight had resembled my ions more than I expected from the tee. They feel very stable at high speed with little fade at the end. Is this normal? I don’t claim to be some monster arm with perfect form but usually all my discs under speed 10-11 throw as expected but this one kind of surprised me. I like it enough to keep it in the bag and use ions for putting only, but I was looking for something smooth with glide and a nice right fade without having to really rip it hard

Old 10-24-2020, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Niced 1,405 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
I recently bought a neutron and electron proxy... straight if not slightly US.
My Proxys fly the way you want. I have Cosmic Electrons and Soft Neutron. They are a decent complement to my Comets.

The Cosmic Electrons started out more stable than I expected and all my other plastics are older runs. I’m not sure how the newer runs are acting.