Old 05-13-2019, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,361 Times in 902 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Sounds pretty legendary man. Just show up and sign up? Entry fee for using your property?How do you wrangle and organize that many animals? Hah!
I don't organize them! Especially parking.. Usually $10 to play.. Including ace pot.. Its a low payout tournament.

Got a food truck coming up, so the Schnitzel wagon is engaged!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:14 PM
* Ace Member *

I got custom stamped "Margarita Doubles Open" and on the bottom "a Pender bender event". Should be cool, got a lot of glow ones and they are stash minis.. Put two together.. 10yrs woowoo

Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts

I live in Banff. Come check out my C Tier in Canmore each June, the Big Bear Classic .

Old 05-17-2019, 01:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainway View Post
I live in Banff. Come check out my C Tier in Canmore each June, the Big Bear Classic .
Right on man, I haven't played Canmore.. I did play with a nice guy from there.. Sad story but good dude! Only disc golf fatality I've heard of...

Hey thanks for checking in man.. If I head that way I know who to bug! How big is that tourney usually? How many holes?
Old 05-21-2019, 04:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 78 Times in 60 Posts

Anyone ever play the Night owl in Gunn, AB? Just finished my first tourney and realized theres another one net week and Im off work for it. Its also waaaay closer than the last one was.. Seems theres only 8 registrants atm?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 58 Times in 46 Posts

rockymountainway = Matty?????

Mediocrefellow how was the Alberta Open for you?
Cold and wet enough?

MPM40 was okay for me, except my mid round third round putting that cost me strokes and first

at least losing to Matt is not something to be ashamed of

Old 05-22-2019, 07:10 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
rockymountainway = Matty?????

Mediocrefellow how was the Alberta Open for you?
Cold and wet enough?

MPM40 was okay for me, except my mid round third round putting that cost me strokes and first

at least losing to Matt is not something to be ashamed of
That's too bad, but I totally understand haha. You'll get it next time!

As for me it was... Uncomfortable. I've got circulation problems from frostbite years go plus being tall and smoking for 2 decades so it was pretty rough for me. Did not really enjoy the 2 morning rounds but my round at Lloyd was decent (still hard to hold onto my discs and quite painful).Also I'd never been to either course before the official rounds so had to ask where baskets were a lot lol

Also my first tournament ever and played in MA2, finished in the middle of the pack which is what I expected so I'm not bummed about my performance. Shot an 870 (+8) round at Lloyd. Card mates estimated I was driving around 350-400 with control which really helped me out because my putting went to **** as soon as I got cold. Still pleased with it being B tier and my first competition and I've only been playing since December 2018 Gonna try and play the Night Owl in a few days as well, hopefully the weather will behave for me this time

Old 05-23-2019, 02:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah cold hands and feet can be a round ruiner.. I've got an Iolite vape and it doubles as a handwarmer..

Congratulations on the tourney, that sounds pretty good to me! Love your style.. I play a lot of courses the first time for a tournament too.. In fact most of them..
Old 05-24-2019, 04:25 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah cold hands and feet can be a round ruiner.. I've got an Iolite vape and it doubles as a handwarmer..

Congratulations on the tourney, that sounds pretty good to me! Love your style.. I play a lot of courses the first time for a tournament too.. In fact most of them..
Thanks! It's gonna be the same for the night owl in Lac St Anne too (never been there) but I learned a lot from the first tournament - Mainly the importance of minimalism. I took a lot of spares to swap out etc. and even though I can throw most of my discs on my home course in most situations I found out quickly how different a course can really be lol Only bagging discs I'm very familiar and consistent with this time around and not bringing extras along for the ride. I recently discovered discraft XL's, I have 2 board flt FLX that will fly the same stable line even striaght into a headwind and a domey understable one for tail wind drives and turnovers. Covers all of my fairway and control drives entirely with 1 mold. I'll probably post my new bag setup in the other thread anyway lol

Old 05-24-2019, 11:20 AM
* Ace Member *

The XL is a pretty consistent disc.. I got a few years ago to straighten out my form.. They also do a cool long turning OH if you roll that way...

I laid down my first tourney round yesterday it was conservative and good there was maybe 2 or 3 putts that I should have hit.. One of em though was intended as more of a park but another 4" and it would have been good.

I hear you on bag minimising, I packed a full 12 discs yesterday.. I'm probably going to drop at least two this mornin. I don't like my bag really full.. And it's ridiculous packing 6 drivers here haha...